• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodecad Ancestry Project

Dodecad Ancestry Project is now open to FtDna customers until Sunday 29/11

http://dodecad.blogspot.com/

The rules of participation are:

* No relatives (up to 2nd cousin)
    * 100% Eurasian or North African ancestry; the test does not include Native American samples, or an assessment of Native American ancestry
    * Data must be received by Sunday 29/11

In order to participate, you must send to [email protected] your autosomal data (.gz ending) that you can download from FTDNA, as well as information about your known ancestry (such as country of origin, or ethnic affiliation)
    Last edited by ; 27 November 2010, 08:57 AM.

To anyone who can answer this:

Just want to clarify the rule of "no relatives". Does this mean that I can submit either my father's or mother's results, but not both? (I haven't tested myself for FF.)

Thanks,

Vinnie

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
      To anyone who can answer this:

Just want to clarify the rule of "no relatives". Does this mean that I can submit either my father's or mother's results, but not both? (I haven't tested myself for FF.)

Thanks,

Vinnie
      If your father and mother aren't (very closely) related to each other, you can submit them both. It's moot in your case, but if you shouldn't submit data for yourself.

Comment

The thing is:

"Relatives" are very similiar in their aDNA and by this, "mess up" the projects results if lets say.... there are 10 profiles of one country and 5 of these profiles are siblings.

I am FFD002 in that project, btw.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UOHFTxL-bO...MIXTURE_10.png

Comment

I'm FFD028

I'm also slightly moronic and getting all these studies mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
            I'm FFD028

I'm also slightly moronic and getting all these studies mixed up.
            I agree, it is getting quite confusing trying to keep track of all the different DNA projects!

I am FFD035.

Comment

I'm FFD040.

Yes, it can be a bit confusing and all of these projects ARE experimental so expect some tweaking. But FREE is good and contributing to the DNA community is good.

Gaye
              impatient adoptee

Comment

I'm FFD036.

It would be interesting to know other contributors' ancestries, if they want to share them.

I'm 50% Irish, 25% German, 25% English/Dutch.

Comment

Originally posted by drouhin View Post
                  I'm FFD036.

It would be interesting to know other contributors' ancestries, if they want to share them.

I'm 50% Irish, 25% German, 25% English/Dutch.
                  50% Ashkenazi (Belarus/Lithuania), 50% Colonial American (if I have the right guy as my birth father) with origins in England (mostly), Scotland and Germany.

Comment

I am FFD005: 100% UK ancestry.
                    My wife FFD006: 100% UK ancestry.
                    Last edited by briancowings; 29 November 2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Ancestry

FFDO33-100% Irish, FFDO37-Scotch,Irish,English,Native American & possible Melungeon.

Comment

I'm FFD032.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
                          I'm FFD028
                          according to my non-ID information. My mother was French and Irish and my putative father is German mixed.

My DNA matches appear to have a lot of English, Finnish, Sweden and Norway in addition to the French and Irish from my mother.

Comment

results on the blog

The FTDNA results are on the blog now.

Comment

I've attached a picture of everyone from FF with the same colors (you'll note that the ones on the blog vary in arrangement and color coding) The data is sorted least to most Northern European left to right.

Then it's placed bottom to top: Northern European, The African segments, Southern European, The Asian segments.

I had the European segments on the bottom to start but most of the samples have tiny bits of either Asian or African and they were hard to keep separate so I used the Southern Europeans as a separator.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X