Do we match @ gedmatch.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we match @ gedmatch.com?

I uploaded my dad's X chromosome data to gedmatch.com and others who do the same can enter their Family Finder kit number, as well as another person's to see if there is a match on the X chromosome between the two kits. FF does not compare the X chromosomes in their results, so this is a good alternative. And given the specific inheritance pattern on the X chromosome, if might be easier to track down common ancestors if you match someone on the X. If you upload your data, compare it to my dad's kit # 165585, and see if we match.

On another message board a few of us have compared our X's this way and found matches.

If you are so inclined, list your kit numbers here so others can compare.

as posted on the other board:

me --> 176334
    paternal grandmother --> 179624
    paternal uncle --> 180416

Comment

My kit #N53381
      Hey I match your paternal Grandmother GIJoeInfinity! But not you or your uncle! Can you share with me her name? I will try to message you privately.

Matching range found with 223 SNPs - Start position: 11689459, End position: 12601253
      Matching range found with 332 SNPs - Start position: 33260026, End position: 37738705
      Matching range found with 510 SNPs - Start position: 45388243, End position: 54682675
      Matching range found with 312 SNPs - Start position: 56085354, End position: 67771989
      Matching range found with 248 SNPs - Start position: 71167864, End position: 77822735
      Matching range found with 216 SNPs - Start position: 124911727, End position: 127576648
      Matching range found with 336 SNPs - Start position: 129445192, End position: 133894182
      Matching range found with 236 SNPs - Start position: 144068644, End position: 145173311
      Matching range found with 281 SNPs - Start position: 145174340, End position: 146845982

Because images must be compressed to fit on the screen, only representative Base Pairs are shown below

X-Chromosome Compare Kit numbers N53381 and 179624

Results:

Largest SNP run = 510
      Total SNPs in matching regions= 2694

Interpreting your results:
      I haven't analyzed enough data to make firm predictions about cousin relationships,
      but here are some guidelines based on my observations.

Largest SNP runs less than 200 (shown as zero) generally indicates no relationship through the X-Chromosome
      Largest SNP runs greater than 200 may indicate a common ancestor through the X-Chromosome

Very limited empirical data indicates the following approximate values:
      Parent / child, or identical twins gives perfect match = 15789
      1st cousin relationship through X-chromosome, Largest SNP run approximately 1300
      2nd cousin relationship through X-chromosome, Largest SNP run approximately 700
      3rd cousin relationship through X-chromosome, Largest SNP run approximately 400
      4th cousin relationship through X-chromosome, Largest SNP run approximately 300
      NO cousin relationship through the X-Chromosome, Largest SNP run equals ZERO

But, REMEMBER... Fathers do not pass X-DNA to their sons.
      Mothers only pass along X-DNA to her child from one of her parents, and it may not be the ancestor you are looking for

Use autosomal results and the chart below to assess the liklihood of X-DNA transfer from ancestors

Possible X-DNA relationships shown below.

Looks like 3rd cousin.. woot!

Comment

Heres my kit #

Mine 151359
        I don't understand but whats going on but there you are.

Comment

You need to upload your X chromosome compressed file here: http://gedmatch.com/x_upload1.php

Then we can compare our X chromosome data against yours.

Comment

Download complete

There you go.Err I mean upload complete,
            Last edited by jim22jim; 30 August 2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
              Looks like 3rd cousin.. woot!
              Maybe... maybe not. Ann Taylor has provided some information over at DNA-forums (originally from 23andMe forum) Shown below:

For half-IBD segments, the thresholds are:

X (male vs male): 200 SNPs, 1 cM
              X (male vs female): 600 SNPs, 6 cM
              X (female vs female): 1200 SNPs, 6 cM
              With thresholds that high, clearly the criteria for a match will also need to change.

Drat!

I will need to make some modifications to the program... or at least to the evaluation criteria.

Comment

Joe 's grandmother and are maybe a fouth cousins?

Comment

Since the male X chromosome represents only one of his mother's X chromosomes, then it is probably much more beneficial to compare the son's X chromosome against others. If you have X chromosome results for a mother/son pair, then you can extrapolate the values for the other X that is not carried by the son.

Since 179624 and 180416 is a mother/son pair, I've created another ID (B179624) that represents the X chromosome that was not given to my paternal uncle (180416).

Therefore, commence in comparing your results against ID: B179624

Comment

My kit #N53381 !
                    Compare to kit 178691 when you have a second.

Comment

Maybe a distant relation ... doesn't meet the new standards but still that's a lot of total SNPs LOL Edited to add: Actually, it does meet the 23andMe standards, they say nothing about SNP length only the needed threshold for cM and total SNP which we meet. It's hard to say right now how it will shake out on largest SNP

Matching range found with 276 SNPs - Start position: 36586954, End position: 38804501
                      Matching range found with 235 SNPs - Start position: 38886138, End position: 40818806
                      Matching range found with 265 SNPs - Start position: 58356270, End position: 67753676
                      Matching range found with 216 SNPs - Start position: 73247125, End position: 78511395
                      Matching range found with 207 SNPs - Start position: 100180211, End position: 102898122
                      Matching range found with 236 SNPs - Start position: 103506889, End position: 108857735
                      Matching range found with 232 SNPs - Start position: 116757450, End position: 118752342
                      Matching range found with 247 SNPs - Start position: 119584110, End position: 121434150
                      Matching range found with 297 SNPs - Start position: 146577773, End position: 149286204

Because images must be compressed to fit on the screen, only representative Base Pairs are shown below

X-Chromosome Compare Kit numbers N53381 (female) and 178691 (female)

Results:

Largest SNP run = 297
                      Total SNPs in matching regions= 2211
                      Last edited by Kasandra; 30 August 2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: waffling ideas.

Comment

Since I match Gijoes Grandmother in one place that equals 295 ,and thats female vs male that only reaches half the threshold? Am I understanding this right?

Comment

Originally posted by JOlson View Post
                          Maybe... maybe not. Ann Taylor has provided some information over at DNA-forums (originally from 23andMe forum) Shown below:

With thresholds that high, clearly the criteria for a match will also need to change.

Drat!

I will need to make some modifications to the program... or at least to the evaluation criteria.
                          I wouldn't assume they are off. I match a mother as 3rd and her son as 4th and his uncle's son at 0 which is perfectly logical.

Comment

Maybe a distant relation
                            X-Chromosome Compare Kit numbers N53381 (female) and 178691 (female)

Results:

Largest SNP run = 297
                            Total SNPs in matching regions= 2211
                            If you have BBailey in your match list for FF then that would be her. Would be distant though.

The challenge on this tool is the number of SNPs needs to be converted to Mb or to cM. Then the sums calculated differently for varying situations and then some persistences determined for the blocks cM or Mb that last past the sums cM or Mb dropping below the matching thresholds.

Comment

I wouldn't assume they are off. I match a mother as 3rd and her son as 4th and his uncle's son at 0 which is perfectly logical.
                              I hope you're right! For the time being, I have left the threshold at 200. I've added info on sex and a note about 23AndMe's thresholds, so people can use their own judgement. As I get more hard data on confirmed relationships, hopefully I can make a call on the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X