Five Family Finder Links to Read and Save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Family Finder Links to Read and Save

I recently added three new pages to my DNA Testing Adviser web site with detailed information on FTDNA's new Family Finder test. I suggest you check these pages out and then save them. The third link includes a detailed comparison with 23andMe's Relative Finder. The last two links go to important Family Finder pages on the FTDNA web site:

Autosomal DNA Testing for Genealogy

Tracing Birth Parents by Testing Your DNA

Autosomal DNA Comparison: Family Finder vs. Relative Finder

FTDNA Family Finder Intro Page

Family Finder Frequently Asked Questions

Richard

Links

Great explanations and comparisons!

Comment

family finder links

Thank you Richardh, again you have the information. So, FTDNA plans to include a similar admixture test of relative percentages of European, African & Asian w/ Family Finder in the Future. Would this be, near future? I've been waiting since 2003 for this autosomal testing. Percentages would be Very helpful..
      My guess is that the family finder database needs to grow much larger and then an upgrade ? If I take the family finder test now is there a way to figture the percentages myself? This would be my 3rd test w/ this company.
      I don't need the family finder for my mtdna. I have my genealogy. I need my mother's father and his family's percentages. I have his genealogy as well, Just need the Asian connection. That would work for me.

Comment

Barbara, I'm glad my links were helpful. See my comments below. Richard.

Originally posted by barbara View Post
        Thank you Richardh, again you have the information. So, FTDNA plans to include a similar admixture test of relative percentages of European, African & Asian w/ Family Finder in the Future. Would this be, near future? The last estimate I heard was summer. I've been waiting since 2003 for this autosomal testing. Percentages would be Very helpful..
        My guess is that the family finder database needs to grow much larger and then an upgrade ? If I take the family finder test now is there a way to figure the percentages myself? No. Additional resources are required. This would be my 3rd test w/ this company.
        I don't need the family finder for my mtdna. Family Finder does not check mtDNA. I have my genealogy. I need my mother's father and his family's percentages. I have his genealogy as well, Just need the Asian connection. That would work for me.

Comment

Working...
        X