Recent match from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent match from Germany

I have a new distant cousin match (23/9) from Hanover, Germany. She wrote a little message in German, and surprise, I could actually understand it with my rusty G.I. German, ha ha! It would just about have to be connected to my paternal grandmother's maternal line, according to my tree. She is also an X-match.
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26th November 2019, 01:29 AM.

Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
    I have a new distant cousin match (23/9) from Hanover, Germany. She wrote a little message in German, and surprise, I could actually understand it with my rusty G.I. German, ha ha! It would just about have to be connected to my paternal grandmother's maternal line, according to my tree. She is also an X-match.
    After thinking about it a bit more, my analysis must be wrong! How could my X come from my father's side? So now it is not easy to draw a specific conclusion. As my X came from my mother, then it would be a blend of her parents. On her mother's side that most likely looks to be Pennsylvania German or maybe from the Springer line. Karl Springer, although born in Sweden, had a father who was born in Hanover, Germany (Prussia). As for my mother's father, he was born in Austria, which is rather far from Hanover.
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26th November 2019, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X