Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Finder is not showing a match between me and my son. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hstraf View Post
    Just a quick update that this problem is still not resolved by FTDNA.

These jokers are really not very professional, are they? Their actions prove to me they are not interested in addressing this problem. I will never recommend them for DNA testing of any sort to anyone.

They are unreliable, and if you can't have 100% trust in the company that gives your DNA test results... well... pick a different company.

well if you are desperate enough you can take a paternity test by a seperate company and if they prove you are his biological father, show the results to the ftdna customer supporter to show that they made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by crossover View Post
      well if you are desperate enough you can take a paternity test by a seperate company and if they prove you are his biological father, show the results to the ftdna customer supporter to show that they made a mistake.
      Or have his son take AncestryDNA test, transfer to FTDNA and see what the results are.

Cheaper way would be have his son take AncestryDNA test, upload raw DNA to gedmatch. Father could upload his raw DNA results from his Family Finder test to gedmatch, then compare the results.

Comment

Hopefully for you they made a mistake! The reliability of FTDNA concerns us all.

Comment

Wow, someone at FTDNA needs to put this right and quick. This kind of thing would be extremely stressful.

But if you think about it the likelihood that your son would not match you but actually find a full parent match at the same time is a very low possibility. Adoptees would love to be so lucky. So it almost has to be switched results uploaded into the wrong account. So I guess I might be thinking wrong but wouldn't It be the father's data that was uploaded incorrectly into someone else's account?

Comment

Until the facts are in we cannot say what happened in hstraf's situation, but last year around this time FTDNA did a lab mix-up of a female's mtdna test. The lady questioned her haplogroup classification because FTDNA and 23andme gave her totally different haplogroup. Her situation was resolved by FTDNA to her satisfaction.

IMO-one mix up is one too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Հայկո View Post
              Or have his son take AncestryDNA test, transfer to FTDNA and see what the results are.

Cheaper way would be have his son take AncestryDNA test, upload raw DNA to gedmatch. Father could upload his raw DNA results from his Family Finder test to gedmatch, then compare the results.
              He shouldn't have to do either of those. If you read posts #2 and #3 you can see that poster travers hit the nail on the head and he provided the perfect way to prove it because the ICW shows all the same for the other person.

Comment

Originally posted by Հայկո View Post
                Until the facts are in we cannot say what happened in hstraf's situation, but last year around this time FTDNA did a lab mix-up of a female's mtdna test. The lady questioned her haplogroup classification because FTDNA and 23andme gave her totally different haplogroup. Her situation was resolved by FTDNA to her satisfaction.

IMO-one mix up is one too many.
                Other than a mix-up what is your explanation of the ICW being all the same? A cousin's DNA test? That doesn't explain every single ICW.

Comment

FF not showing match ?

Hey, has there been any progress on your issue? I just encountered the same problem. My niece and I do not show as matches on ech others pages. But we show as ICW on the pages of other common relatives. Is there any hope??

Comment

Time to take Legal Action!

Few weeks ago my brother's Family Finder results were published. I am listed on his matches, but he is not listed on my matches. I called FTDNA (Gene by Gene, Ltd.) to notify of my problem. The first girl documented my issue and said it would be fixed by Monday. Tuesday comes, still not fixed. I call a second time requesting them to fix this issue, I give the employee my brother's kit # (He said they didn't have it???)he claims with the kit # my problem will be fixed soon. I wait few more days, no fix, so I call yesterday and request to speak with a supervisor, he is in a meeting, not available. Today I call and request to speak to a supervisor, they take my number again, and state he will call. He finally calls and gives me the run around that many kits are broken and they are working on it. Terrible customer service!
                    I have now went on my Linkedin account and found many employees, the president, managing partners, etc...I will give the tech team a few more days, if not fixed I will contact Max Blankfeld, and Bennett Greenspan to start!

Comment

Originally posted by GeoMetric View Post
                      Few weeks ago my brother's Family Finder results were published. I am listed on his matches, but he is not listed on my matches. I called FTDNA (Gene by Gene, Ltd.) to notify of my problem. The first girl documented my issue and said it would be fixed by Monday. Tuesday comes, still not fixed. I call a second time requesting them to fix this issue, I give the employee my brother's kit # (He said they didn't have it???)he claims with the kit # my problem will be fixed soon. I wait few more days, no fix, so I call yesterday and request to speak with a supervisor, he is in a meeting, not available. Today I call and request to speak to a supervisor, they take my number again, and state he will call. He finally calls and gives me the run around that many kits are broken and they are working on it. Terrible customer service!
                      I have now went on my Linkedin account and found many employees, the president, managing partners, etc...I will give the tech team a few more days, if not fixed I will contact Max Blankfeld, and Bennett Greenspan to start!
                      If you have read other threads in the forum, you would have noticed that the supervisor provided you with the accurate description of current situation.

Yes, many kits have the same problem. However, most of people only have problems with new matches.

For example, I am being contacted by people who can see me, but I cannot run In Common With them since I do not see them matching me (or other kits I take care of).

Wouldn't it be nice if Family Tree DNA offered us the explanation? Yes! Was any explanation offered? No...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Family Finder matching should be corrected by the end of next week per engineering.

-Darren
                        Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
                        X