- Central Asia - 47%
    - South Asia - 37%
    MIDDLE EASTERN - 13%
    - Asia Minor - 8%
    - Eastern Mid-East - 5%
    EUROPEAN - 3%
    - Finland & Northern Siberia - 3%

I am a Pakistani by country origin. Y-DNA: R(M-124), mtDNA: J2
    KaiserT, that is very interesting you got 3% Finland & Northern Siberia. I'm assuming you don't have a recent Finnish or Russian ancestor. Is that typical for Pakistanis? Do you have any FamilyFinder matches who are Finnish (or Swedish)?

Comment

European 98% and Middle Eastern 3%, so apparently I am 101%, or someone does not know how to add, lol.

European 98%
      Western & Central Europe 45%
      British Isles 39%
      Scandinavia 12%
      Eastern Europe 2%

Middle Eastern 3%
      Eastern Middle Eastern 3%

Comment

Originally posted by maureen1900 View Post
        European 98% and Middle Eastern 3%, so apparently I am 101%, or someone does not know how to add, lol.
        rounding so it might have been 97.5% E and 2.5% ME rounded to 98% and 3%

either that, or more likely, you are special and 101% human.

Comment

Ha ha, either that or I am just a weirdo and they don't want to embarrass me by saying what the 1% is.

Comment

Originally posted by maureen1900 View Post
            Ha ha, either that or I am just a weirdo and they don't want to embarrass me by saying what the 1% is.
            or maybe you took this 1% from me ,because my result was just 99% [79% Middle Eastern + 18% European +2% African]

Comment

Harmoush, I can lend you your missing 1%. Paisley, Scotland birth home.

European
              98%
              British Isles
              98%
              Middle Eastern
              2%
              Eastern Middle East
              2%

Comment

Just got my dad's My Origins results.

When I saw it was 100% European I thought that seems expected, maybe there will be some interesting diversity within that.

Clicked on the European bar - 100% British Isles! It is funny, he'll wonder now why I bothered to get him to take the test!

Comment

Originally posted by richard86 View Post
                  Just got my dad's My Origins results.

When I saw it was 100% European I thought that seems expected, maybe there will be some interesting diversity within that.

Clicked on the European bar - 100% British Isles! It is funny, he'll wonder now why I bothered to get him to take the test!
                  That's the first I've heard of such a result. I hope it matches with his known genealogy .

Comment

My brother and I have rather dull 100% European with a slightly different break down on what type of European. He is 76% Western and Central European and 24% Scandinavia. I'm 57% Western and Central European and 43% Scandinavia.

Over at Ancestry, I show British, Ireland, Scandinavia, Iberian Peninsula and a trace of West Europe, still 100% European.

Both ethnic estimates pretty much confirm my paper trail. I've got a strong European background.

Comment

Originally posted by loisrp View Post
                      That's the first I've heard of such a result. I hope it matches with his known genealogy .
                      Yes, it does seem to match what we know, not that we know too much - just that all his ancestors were from the north of Ireland, in the same little area of County Down for the most part!

I think he was hoping for something a bit more exotic Looks like we didn't move around too much!

Comment

Originally posted by richard86
                        Just got my dad's My Origins results. [...] 100% British Isles!
                        Originally posted by loisrp View Post
                        That's the first I've heard of such a result.
                        Several people in the thread http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=36168 also show 100% British Isles in MyOrigins. One is karmagarda who wrote "I'm Irish and I too found that I was listed as 100% British Isles."

Comment

i've posted my grandma's results on the dnaland vs myorigins
                          http://forums.ftdna.com/showthread.p...531#post424531

Comment

I'll add another example of a person of Irish descent who got 100% British Isles. My father's first cousin (1C1R to me) has both her maternal and paternal ancestry all Irish, although she and her parents were born in the U.S.A.

Comment

My FTDNA "Origins" results are:

97% European (83% British Isles, 14% Scandinavian)
                              3% East African

My Mother (who is adopted, though the claim is that her father was Swedish and her mother was of German descent):
                              91% European (45% British Isles, 31% Scandinavian, 15% West & Central Europe)
                              5% African (4% East Central, 1% South-Central)
                              2% Central Asia
                              (the other 2% isn't showing up in the results)

Both my mother and I are "White People", which you'd expect from our results, but my mother appears to have some 3rd, 4th, and 5th cousins (from FF tool) who appear to have strong African origins.

Comment

FamilyFinder results that came in seem to verify my dad actually does have a real Finnish ancestor within reasonable family tree time frame. Geno 2.0 hinted he might have one due to reasons too complex to get into again here. 23 said he got 1.9%. Geno 2.0 NG hinted that he might have one since he got a bit more Finland and Northern Siberia than people from his main country of ancestry usually get. One a segment that 23 paints as Finnish turned up to have 6 matches on FamilyFinder on the exact same spot and all but one seem list nothing but Finnish ancestry and the one who does not seems to list nothing but Scandinavian ancestry!

Comment

Working...
                                X