Native American v Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native American v Middle East

I just received my father's FF results. It says 91% western european which I understand, however it has the other percentage as Middle East... ie Druze, Bedouin, Palestian. My GG-grand-father was full blooded Mik'Maq. I' m confused as to why it reads MIDDLE EAST and not native American?

maybe you need to confer with say Haddad ! I can't !
    just THINK BAC and not 20000 years either.

so what do siberian fish eaters in Mal'ta , Malta, Lebanese and native americans have in common ? Thank B.A.C. !

Comment

Lol...I'm a little stupid here purpleflowers...what is BAC...

Comment

Originally posted by sammy321 View Post
        Lol...I'm a little stupid here purpleflowers...what is BAC...
        Lol I know I shouldn't but I was going to ask her the same question. I was wondering if she meant BAC=Blood Alcohol Content?

On the serious side of your question. Your Dad might not have received enough DNA from that particular ancestor to show up. Just how recombination is. And he might have been more admixed than you guys realized. Hope that helps.

Comment

These are the only populations they use

America
          Central American
          Maya
          Pima
          South American
          Colombian
          Karitiana
          Surui

If you do not match these populations they will place you elsewhere. Population finder gives many ME % when they have none. Ignore % and pay attention to you cousin matches

@Taltos - thankts for the LOL this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Yaffa View Post

America
            Central American
            Maya
            Pima
            South American
            Colombian
            Karitiana
            Surui

If you do not match these populations they will place you elsewhere. Population finder gives many ME % when they have none. Ignore % and pay attention to you cousin matches

@Yaffa, your welcome! Just my warped mind. Also, those are great points for the original poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Táltos View Post
              @Yaffa, your welcome! Just my warped mind. Also, those are great points for the original poster.
              When dont her posts warp the mind. i cant think of anything she posts that makes sense Just the other day she was posting to you about pig DNA

Comment

When dont her posts warp the mind. i cant think of anything she posts that makes sense Just the other day she was posting to you about pig DNA
                LOL! And I better watch out cuz I really like bacon! Hmm, I really enjoy salmon too. I'm also O+, so I should follow the Paleo diet or whatever that book was about. Ok really I will stop. Sorry Sammy. I will not make a circus out of your thread. Yes look at your actual DNA matches as Yaffa indicated. You may find your connection to this ancestry through them. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Yaffa and Taltos...
                  I'm wondering if it could be that Native Americans line is from ME? It also had Jewish and Mozabite in there too. Never know what we carry in our lineage.

Comment

America
                    Central American
                    Maya
                    Pima
                    South American
                    Colombian
                    Karitiana
                    Surui

Yaffa, I totally disagree with you. When PF doesn't have an specific population or ethnicity it will match you with the closest ones. We have the very same situation with people of Polish, German, Dutch, Czech and Portuguese ancestry. FTDNA doesn't have the reference population for these ethnicities so they tend to match Polish, German, Dutch, Czech and Portuguese people with Orcadians, Finnish, French and Spanish. I don't think FTDNA would display every unidentified Native American people as ME (Jews, Bedouins, Mozabites, Palestine, Druze). In such cases they would be related to other Native American populations.

Just as Taltos's mentioned, I would guess that probably Sammy's father didn't receive a significant amount of genes from his Mik'Maq ancestor, in order that it couldn't be detected. Another point to be considered is that, even though Sammy's mentioned that his GG grandfather was a full blooded Mik'Maq, there's a possibility of interethnic relationships (marriages). His GG grandfather could identify himself as 100% Native American (Mik'Maq) but had some European background from one or from both parents. The same happens with Afro-Americans in the U.S. Almost of them identify themselves as only African Americans, when it's known that they also have European ancestry whose % varies approximately from 20% to 60%.

Theoretically, his father would have 12,5% of Mik'Maq genes and Sammy would have 6,25%. But, we all know that Genetics it's like a lottery.
                    Last edited by Edek; 9 November 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Bronze Age Collapse = BAC

yes it is your dad's line right ? right ...... this is exactly why native tribal rights and all the history keepers for the tribes mostly went along with the females clan lines for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Edek View Post
                        Yaffa, I totally disagree with you. When PF doesn't have an specific population or ethnicity it will match you with the closest ones. We have the very same situation with people of Polish, German, Dutch, Czech and Portuguese ancestry. FTDNA doesn't have the reference population for these ethnicities so they tend to match Polish, German, Dutch, Czech and Portuguese people with Orcadians, Finnish, French and Spanish. I don't think FTDNA would display every unidentified Native American people as ME (Jews, Bedouins, Mozabites, Palestine, Druze). In such cases they would be related to other Native American populations.

Just as Taltos's mentioned, I would guess that probably Sammy's father didn't receive a significant amount of genes from his Mik'Maq ancestor, in order that it couldn't be detected. Another point to be considered is that, even though Sammy's mentioned that his GG grandfather was a full blooded Mik'Maq, there's a possibility of interethnic relationships (marriages). His GG grandfather could identify himself as 100% Native American (Mik'Maq) but had some European background from one or from both parents. The same happens with Afro-Americans in the U.S. Almost of them identify themselves as only African Americans, when it's known that they also have European ancestry whose % varies approximately from 20% to 60%.

Theoretically, his father would have 12,5% of Mik'Maq genes and Sammy would have 6,25%. But, we all know that Genetics it's like a lottery.
                        My family documented AI, I have cousins who are documented AI, I have cousin matches I cant trace to on paper who are AI and I know the % reads wrong. This discussion has been going on in threads for a long time. Population finder is useless.This goes with other testing companies too.PF is a separate test from cousin matches. PF will not lead you to paper trial where cousin matches can

Comment

Originally posted by purple flowers View Post
                          Bronze Age Collapse = BAC

yes it is your dad's line right ? right ...... this is exactly why native tribal rights and all the history keepers for the tribes mostly went along with the females clan lines for thousands of years.
                          Thanks purpleflowers..

I know my GG grandfather came from nearby reservation. His census says native American. My relatives all have features denoting NA ancestry. However I also know that quite possibly the ME % could be what it says as I understand NA to come from the Levant and surrounding area? The Mik'maq had an alphabet very similar to Egyptian.
                          FF from my understanding picks up the last 5/6 generations, right?

Comment

Thanks purpleflowers..

as I understand NA to come from the Levant and surrounding area? The Mik'maq had an alphabet very similar to Egyptian.
                            What is your source for this? This is the first I've ever heard this? You will find many similarities in many ancient civilizations. I don't understand the points being made by purple flowers. The ME result doesn't mean your NA ancestors came from the ME and a ME results doesn't prove NA ancestry Population Finder is just not very good with limited populations used as references. People with southern European will get a ME result and many with eastern European will get a ME result too. Basically ME seems to be a catch-all for populations that there is not a good reference population for in Population Finder.

FTDNA is currently having their annual conference. They usually let it known what improvements they are planning for in the upcoming year. Hopefully they are preparing for a revamp of PF, but I guess we will see as PF has been in beta since the beginning with many statements that improvements are coming. Really though PF is just kind of a party trick the power of FF is in your DNA matches.

Comment

Thanks purpleflowers..

I know my GG grandfather came from nearby reservation. His census says native American. My relatives all have features denoting NA ancestry. However I also know that quite possibly the ME % could be what it says as I understand NA to come from the Levant and surrounding area? The Mik'maq had an alphabet very similar to Egyptian.
                              study Bac , get to know it and the copper cultures really well.. study look for the questions. understand what isn't being ask or answered.

so this is all a concept issue.. real question is, is your fathers Y middle Eastern as in resent middle eastern ( or as they have put into their computers ) or is some BAC world wide sea trading people of which some of those people had to have landed in the middle east to over turn a turned over world.. and the rest stranded everywhere else , but what if they were from here just a few days before the events which changed the world.. and what if we can find most of them , who took their ancestors and beliefs and traditions all with them ? and what if the world is full of city states from people who came from here just 3200 years ago or where part of a political structure that once existed just 3200 years ago. I mean they are still kissing rocks from that event. they turned our ancestors into their god's..
                              you going to believe what you want but I will tell you the term " all my relatives" is very very real and recent concepts .. we always knew they were there!!! .. they over there didn't know if we were still here after the events which changed the world and created underworld gods and their moon gods from the events and all their dead ancestors. kings who died in huge events which changed our world.
                              1. study the BAC and "the sea people " a confederation of tribes with city states around the world. then follow the dna for real answers. ok!
                              2 no the 6 feet of moon dirt that are under 6 to 40 feet of sand..on all of north america and parts of europe and south America wasn't from 10000 years ago ;P

this is about science and humanity and their knowledge or lack there of and what they put their computers... this really aint about your dna..

Comment

Working...
                              X