Changes to FF match page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Family Finder

Thanks for letting me know that Win8 and IE10 may no be the issue.

The fact is, I still cannot use the new Family Finder Screens on my laptop.

I have sent several messages to Family Finder, but no response. They should have the technical knowhow to help me find a solution.

I had no problem navigating yesterday morning before they did their new install.

FAMILY FINDER PEOPLE ,,,, PLEASE RESPOND. If you don't have a clue as to what I can do, you could at least communicate this to me. I am not the only one who cannot use your new update !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Click! (Matches)
      Click! (Relations: Close and Immediate)
      Click! Click! (Drop down appears, scroll to "Show all matches")
      Click! (Apply)
      Click! (Drop Down Menu appears)
      Click! (Show Advanced)

Perfect, just how I like it.
      I wish this was the default setting.

O.K. now going to look at another FF person in my project.

Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click!
      Click! Click! Click!

Next person!

Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click! Click!
      Click! Click! Click!

<sigh>

Comment

New Family Finder

Finally --- I am able to see what the NEW FAMILY FINDER screens should look like. I suspected it was a compatibility view issue, but until just a few minutes ago, I was not able to find the right place to change compatibility view. On my tool bar on the upper left side is Tools. I clicked on Tools, the clicked on compatibility view and presto change, I am now able to navigate with the New Family Finder screens.

Comment

[QUOTE=ajmr1a1;370385]Click! (Matches)
          Click! (Apply)
          Click! (Show Advanced)

Agree 100%!!! Too many clicks to get where most users probably want to be in the first place. And why not have the "Enter" key do exactly what "Apply" does?

Comment

Family Finder

I have tried all of you'alls suggestions and nothing has worked. In fact, now the page is misaligned. FTDNA has not reponded to my emails. Family Finder region is where I spend most of my time on this site. Alas.

Comment

How many people are there who do not want to see the "Advanced" information? And couldn't they just ignore it? The default should be to display it in my opinion.

Comment

Has it been tested for tablets?

Whilst some of the new layout gives useful new functionality it does not seem to have been thoroughly tested for ipad use. It is not easy to get the tiny triangles to respond to touch without expanding the size, then you have to decrease size again to read what comes in the line underneath. There is also a signicant issue with the gedcom browser. If you try to scroll across the gedcom page it is the window behind that moves, so it is impossible to read a 9 generation gedcom.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
                  Click! (Matches)
                  Click! (Apply)
                  Click! (Show Advanced)

FTDNA,

PLEASE make this your default setting!!!

Comment

Maybe we all should copy ajmr1a1's message and send it to them as feedback!!!

Click, click, click . . .

Comment

New FF Page

This was just posted on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/fa...18362508216134

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Crowley View Post
                        Why is it that they appear to consistently respond to issues on facebook, yet they ignore their own forum?

Comment

Yeah, I can no longer get FF matches or Chromosome Browser. But I'm more interested in Medieval ancestors anyway. I can't upgrade my old laptop. And my other newer laptop is useless with Clear (ISP). I can't even check email anymore with Clear. Since I'm virtually deaf, I don't use the phone. And I'm a hermit, so I don't socialize with other humans. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Katydid View Post
                            Love the new ability to triangulate without having to assign a relationship.

I also like being able to see both the y- and mtDNA haplogroups at a glance (on the far right side of the "triangulate bar" underneath surnames), but I'm noticing that the yDNA haplogroup is being given as N/A there for many people, even though they've yDNA-tested and their haplogroup displays properly if you click on their names. Perhaps these people have not specified whether they are male or female and the program is getting tripped up by this?

Also glad to see that chromosome browser now opens in a new window, making it easier to toggle back and forth between matches in common and the browser.
                            Kudos and more kudos. I decided to play a lot before launching and it really is quite nice, and more powerful...

Comment

I was quite happy with the new matches page...interestingly all or most of my matches are also Jewish, that wasn't showing before.

Comment

My FF results no longer show the new population finder bar within the so-called 'character card' (name etc) section to the left of each match result.

Seems like no sooner do they introduce a new feature than they take it away!

Comment

Working...
                                X