Changes to FF match page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to FF match page

I just login into my Family Finder page and the matches are displayed differently. That's fine, but there's no search box and the "in common with" option is gone??

If you click on the space after Name: or Ancestral Name: does that bring up the Search box you're looking for?

I don't see the ICW option either, and the New Since option is just 3 or 6 months.

Update: there's a tiny little drop-down arrow under the picture that brings up "Triangulate", longest block, etc. Now to see if Triangulate is synonymous with ICW.
    Last edited by Ann Turner; 2 October 2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Click "Triangulate" and you will get search boxes for "in common with" and "not in common with".

Comment

Underneath each name is now TRIANGULATE...click on it and it gives you the in common with OR not in common with option..it then takes you to a screen with the option to automatically compare them on the chromosome browser

Comment

Update: there's a tiny little drop-down arrow under the picture that brings up "Triangulate", longest block, Chromosome Browser (very nice!) etc. Now to see if Triangulate is synonymous with ICW.

Comment

Thank you!! I use the search box to search for my matches, so I don't have to go page by page, maybe I'm missing something??

Comment

I like the new way the "in common with works

Comment

Finally they are doing something! Though I have to really look at this to get used to it, I just noticed we can now sort by haplogroups! Now please update PF and give us chromosome painting!!!!!!

EDIT- I just noticed if you hover over the bar under your matches names it gives you PF breakdowns! Just basic though like 80% European 20% Middle Eastern for an example. Still better than nothing.

EDIT AGAIN- I see if someone is 100% Middle East it will say Jewish.

Also they have the Y DNA both in the shorthand and the old way.
                Last edited by Táltos; 2 October 2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

So i guess we no longer have to assign relationships!

Comment

Originally posted by dstar28ent View Post
                    Underneath each name is now TRIANGULATE...click on it and it gives you the in common with OR not in common with option..it then takes you to a screen with the option to automatically compare them on the chromosome browser
                    On clicking the triangulate for some of my matches there is no box that comes up with "in common with or not in common with" buttons but on other matches a box does come up. I know that there are in common with matches with some of the matches that is having the "in common with or not in common with" box from appearing so it cannot be because there are no matches. There must be a bug that is preventing the box from appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by MIMITWOSIX View Post
                      Unfortunately from what I can see that aspect is still in place. However what I have noticed did they tweek the matching range? My top two matches remain the same as always even with the Build 37 debacle. However my Russian cousin is now in the third spot, he has been my 5th or 6th off the top of my head since he became my match. And my yDNA Q cousin who was one of my original matches in a top spot, but fell to my page two as I receive new matches is back on my page one. He is my 6th closest match. He also remained as a match for me when we went through losing matches.

I'm just leaving it on the default of relationship range when I click on show all matches.
                      Last edited by Táltos; 2 October 2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, triangulate is not working consistently. I have a large group of people who were ICW and matched in a certain part of Chromosome 9. Most of them no longer are ICW with anyone now.

Comment

New Family Finder

My new Family Finder screen is a MESS. I don't see any of the things some of you are seeing. I had about 540 matches this morning, now I can only see two matches. I looked at the basic tutorial, but nothing happens when I click on anything. I used to get my two immediate relationships to come up first and this is all I get now (the two immediate relationships). Previously, I had a drop down box that I could click for all relationships - I can't do that now. I don't see in common or not in common with anywhere. The current layout is quite a mess on my screen. Some of the boxes only show partial words and others get obscured by a maze of lines and overlayed information.

I have windows 8, don't know if that is the issue. I did send FF an e-mail. Hope they respond as I currently cannot view anything with this new "Upgrade"

Comment

Originally posted by MIMITWOSIX View Post
                            Correct! As stated above, In Common With is now Triangulate, and known relationships no longer need to be assigned to use this feature. So now we can stop sending out (and receiving) all those Distant Cousin requests

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by sspeters41 View Post
                              Previously, I had a drop down box that I could click for all relationships - I can't do that now. The current layout is quite a mess on my screen. Some of the boxes only show partial words and others get obscured by a maze of lines and overlayed information.

I have windows 8, don't know if that is the issue. I did send FF an e-mail. Hope they respond as I currently cannot view anything with this new "Upgrade"
                              Can you try to force-refresh your Matches page and see if that fixes the layout? There's definitely still a Relationship filter where you can select Show All Matches. If the force-refresh doesn't fix it, it could be a Windows 8 issue (or more specifically, an IE10 issue, if that's the browser you are using). Do you have another browser you can try, such as Firefox or Chrome?

Originally posted by sspeters41 View Post
                              I don't see in common or not in common with anywhere.
                              See comments above regarding the Triangulate feature.

Elise

Comment

Working...
                              X