Gedmatch - confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gedmatch - confused

I've had my old Build 36 raw data on GEDmatch for a year now and am a bit confused....

Do I upload my new Build 37 results to the site? I ask because I keep getting an error message saying:

ERROR: DNA data for this kit number has been previously loaded. Please allow 72 hours for additional processing for the 'one-to-all' comparison utility'. If you need to re-load your DNA raw data file for any reason, please contact the site administrator first to have the previous file deleted. Mention the date and time and the FILE NAME shown above in your email.

Is this only for those who tested first under Build 37 or is this saying that it's going to take 72 hours to process my Build 37 results since my old Build 36 results are already there. If I'm to contact the site administrator to remove my old 36 one then does someone have a contact email?

Likewise, my Build 36 numbers have been uploaded for some time. Do I need to upload with my Build 37 numbers? Or are they being "downgraded" to Build 36 anyway?

Comment

GEDmatch converts Build 37 uploads to Build 36 when they are uploaded. If you have previously loaded your B36 results on GEDmatch, there is no real benefit to loading your B37 results. There may be a few SNPs added or deleted between versions. If you think you still want to do it, you will need to contact Curtis at [email protected] , ask him to delete your old upload, then you need to upload your new data, and wait a few days for it to be processed. Your results should be about the same as before. It's mostly just extra work for both you and Curtis.

Comment

Originally posted by JOlson View Post
        GEDmatch converts Build 37 uploads to Build 36 when they are uploaded. If you have previously loaded your B36 results on GEDmatch, there is no real benefit to loading your B37 results. There may be a few SNPs added or deleted between versions. If you think you still want to do it, you will need to contact Curtis at [email protected] , ask him to delete your old upload, then you need to upload your new data, and wait a few days for it to be processed. Your results should be about the same as before. It's mostly just extra work for both you and Curtis.
        Oh I understand now, well thank you. I will not ask Curtis then to do this given that they'll be dealing with so many brand new submissions.

Comment

Does anyone know what prefix Ancestries results are. if it is A i havent matched any.

Comment

Ancestry prefix is "A."

Comment

Originally posted by andbro View Post
              Does anyone know what prefix Ancestries results are. if it is A i havent matched any.
              When I uploaded my results this morning, the website said that it may take up to 72 hours before they batch process to be available to compare with other users in the database.

Comment

Working...
              X