Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking on match's tree brings up my own

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clicking on match's tree brings up my own

    The last few times I have tried to view my current matches have been problematic. When I try to view a match's tree I get my own.

    However, I am really happy to have my old matches back. They included many of my "found" connections. Thanks, FTDNA!

  • #2
    I've seen that bug before, after they first went to Build 37. It went away in a few days IIRC. But you should probably report it anyway, just in case they're unaware that it's come back.

    Originally posted by k.martin View Post
    The last few times I have tried to view my current matches have been problematic. When I try to view a match's tree I get my own.

    However, I am really happy to have my old matches back. They included many of my "found" connections. Thanks, FTDNA!

    Comment


    • #3
      I get this error too, but it's only under certain circumstances:

      1. My session times out.
      2. I log in again from the same tab.
      3. I then try to view someone's gedcom, but I get my own instead.

      I don't get this error when I do this:

      When my session times out, I close the tab and open a new one to log in again.

      I have reported this error to FTDNA months ago, but they have never fixed it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by k.martin View Post
        The last few times I have tried to view my current matches have been problematic. When I try to view a match's tree I get my own.

        However, I am really happy to have my old matches back. They included many of my "found" connections. Thanks, FTDNA!
        Happens sometimes. One needs to back out of the program and try again to clear as to Gedcoms. It is a bug that has been there for a long while.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bahhhh it is all Bull hockey

          This problem has been reported and ongoing for almost a year now. They used to respond to emails on it and the closest thing they had for a reason was a browser cache error. The recommended as some above have to just log out and log in that used to work with a 50/50 chance of success but now it is closer to once in 10 or more. Yes I have used different tabs etc. I reported it again but have never gotten a response.
          Saw they were hiring more It and customer service, I think it is not "more" but some.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was also facing the same and was told that it was because of cache but after clearing cache i am still facing the same.

            Comment


            • #7
              I clear cache & cookies frequently because I'm on Ancestry a lot & their site is severely glitchy if I don't. So, I don't believe that was my problem when I started this thread. But it corrected itself right after I posted. Must have been a visit from the Tree Fairy.

              Comment


              • #8
                I used to experience this glitch. The solution was for me to log out, then log right back in. That worked every time.

                Comment

                Working...
                X