Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomcat
    replied
    I am beginning to think all the various site problems mentioned in this and other threads have a cause other than the transition to Build 37.

In the past week Ysearch was taken down because it was under assault by data miners. Maybe something similar, or the suspicion of something similar, is going on with FTDNA home site.

In the past week I attributed a number of profiles as Distant Cousin for the sake of running comparisons. For a day or so I had Confirmation Pendings that then disappeared, without any notice of Confirmation Accepted. I tried reentering and after completing a half dozen or so, the page display went strange so I stopped.

Other users report other odd occurrences. Might be best to just let it be until we get an all clear.
    Last edited by tomcat; 14 March 2013, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RondaMiller
    replied
    What is most aggravating at this point is, today there were cosmetic changes done and those of us who lost ALL of their matches, are still without them, one week later.

I'm beginning to believe they were deleted and it was more than a 'bug'.....

Anyways, I am glad I still have the emails of all of my confirmed relatives that suddenly went poof last week.....

Leave a comment:

• JamesBianco
    replied
    We are no longer visible to our matches. My sons match my father strangely enough, but neither match to me (since I have zero matches).

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    matches disappeared

Mine are still gone as well.

Does anyone know whether we are still visible to our matches or have we completely disappeared from the system?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• JamesBianco
    replied
    Mine are still gone as well... and not the courtesy of even a reply. I've sent them 4 messages so far over the last week.

Leave a comment:

• djparlette
    replied
    Mine are still all gone. It has been over a week. How could they loose our matches??

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    Pincera, PDHOTLEN - Were your matches all gone, now they're back? Mine are still all gone.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    I now have 140 matches; an increase of two. But I get lost looking at that list (14 pages).

Leave a comment:

• Pincera
    replied
    Just checked and all my matches seem to be in place but the site looks very different

Leave a comment:

• RondaMiller
    replied
    It is indeed. My matches have been gone since last Wednesday. Although, according to FTDNA, there was only a small number of us who lost it all, it seems to me that getting those matches should have been priority #1.

Cosmetic changes aside, I'd rather see real fixes done to the database first, then make things look pretty later.

Of course the timing of all of this actually works for me - I sprained my left foot/ankle yesterday so right now I can't sit here that long and look at stuff (if it were indeed there).

Leave a comment:

• andbro
    replied
    Been waiting too long. This is very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• chartera
    replied
    Still waiting, not happy

We've notified them, the only option left is waiting.

Still not happy though. I too, want my matches back!

Leave a comment:

• RondaMiller
    replied
    I do as well, I suppose more waiting is in order.

Leave a comment:

• saudi arabia
    replied
    i want my matches back

Leave a comment:

• RondaMiller
    replied
    For the last couple of days they did have a notice/message on our main page regarding the small amount of us who did loose all of their matches, I just noticed today that that is gone. Something seems to be going on...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X