Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost so many matches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost so many matches

    YUP I did, lost many matches as did the rest of the kits I manage. Have some new matches but nothing of any importance. Actually lost some distant matches.

  • #2
    As time goes on I'm getting less worried about the quantity of matches and more worried about the quality. A lot of the distant ones likely aren't real or are so far back it's essentially useless to know about them

    Comment


    • #3
      Same here... My fathers kit had 65 matches before upgrade and now only 18 left...

      Some of the other kits i manage seems to got some new matches, but as far as I can see most of them have massive loss of matches.

      Comment


      • #4
        I lost 54 matches (including one known relative who matches at 23andme and ancestry) and gained 6 new matches. Most of the lost matches were 5th to distant and many matches have been "downgraded" to more realistic relationships. 2nd-4th changed to 4th to distant, 3rd-5th changed to 4th to distant, and many 4th to distant changed to 5th to distant.

        It looks like all of the previously processed 23andme transfers have new dates.

        One of my "new" matches is now deceased.
        Last edited by rod; 22 February 2013, 06:28 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey FTDNA, I lost matches with MATCHING surnames. Nice ...

          Comment


          • #6
            I just got my results for the first time today, but I was surprised that I only had a few matches and none of them were higher than distant 4th cousin relations...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cats View Post
              YUP I did, lost many matches as did the rest of the kits I manage. Have some new matches but nothing of any importance. Actually lost some distant matches.
              How do you lose matches?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rod View Post
                I lost 54 matches (including one known relative who matches at 23andme and ancestry) and gained 6 new matches. Most of the lost matches were 5th to distant and many matches have been "downgraded" to more realistic relationships. 2nd-4th changed to 4th to distant, 3rd-5th changed to 4th to distant, and many 4th to distant changed to 5th to distant.

                It looks like all of the previously processed 23andme transfers have new dates.

                One of my "new" matches is now deceased.
                This is a major problem if you lost a KNOWN relative. And that they MATCH you at 23&me, they have been on Build 37!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I lost 6 pages of matches as well. I would not be so worried about it, except that a few of them I had confirmed as matches on a maternal line. One was a confirmed 9 cousin 2x removed. Her match and the ones with the same surname helped to break down a huge brick wall on my maternal side this past fall. Now I don't see anyone in that surname group showing up in my matches.
                  I'm also having a lot of trouble with the site, it's crashing constantly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I lost a whole page, make that one and most of another page. Now, I only have one page, plus another match on the second page. I did not see any new matches.
                    Last edited by JuanCarlos; 22 February 2013, 07:26 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Some of the matches my father and I shared he no longer has but I still have them. So what this mean that I am related to them on both sides of my family.
                      No mom does not have them either and never did.

                      Back to the drawing board

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Something seems to be wrong with the website. The pages are not loading right. It looks like a mess.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Gained 3 and lost 25 matches down to 60 matches. Also the website will sometimes just display an error..just kept refreshing until it worked.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Be Patient. They are having to rebuild the list of matches. It will likely take a while.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JOlson View Post
                              Be Patient. They are having to rebuild the list of matches. It will likely take a while.
                              Hmm the FTDNA website states "The upgrade is complete. With that upgrade, however, you may notice some differences with your matches."

                              So I thought the matching was complete?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X