No announcement yet.

Irish ancestry not showing up in pf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaffa my fathers FF came back with FINNISH! WTH?

He got
    48% Spanish/French, Orcadian/Finnish
    35% Mayan and Columbian Caribb
    17% Middle Eastern (Jewish Sephardim and some Arab)

My theory for the Finnish is that after the Expulsion from Spain many Sephardic Jews went to Eastern Europe, ours went to New Spain. Though still genetically related to us their demographic are now in Russia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania etc... I have proof some of my family went east because I have people with my "Sephardic Spanish" surname who died in the Holocaust. I had no explanation for this until I got my dads FF back and saw the Finnish. I had to draw my own conclusion because no one in my family tree came from Eastern Europe. I started searching my Surname and found them in Scandinavia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Italy, England.

Comment

Originally posted by Favouriteslave View Post
      Yaffa my fathers FF came back with FINNISH! WTH?

He got
      48% Spanish/French, Orcadian/Finnish
      35% Mayan and Columbian Caribb
      17% Middle Eastern (Jewish Sephardim and some Arab)

My theory for the Finnish is that after the Expulsion from Spain many Sephardic Jews went to Eastern Europe, ours went to New Spain. Though still genetically related to us their demographic are now in Russia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania etc... I have proof some of my family went east because I have people with my "Sephardic Spanish" surname who died in the Holocaust. I had no explanation for this until I got my dads FF back and saw the Finnish. I had to draw my own conclusion because no one in my family tree came from Eastern Europe. I started searching my Surname and found them in Scandinavia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Italy, England.
      Is this from McDonald or PF? PF gave my Uncle almost 75 % Finnish with no Spanish/French ect. McDonald reads no Finnish in our lines so have McDonald read your DNA. In general the Mexico DNA project is getting weird Finnish results some in high % on PF which should not be. A lot of us in agreement it could be AI they cant read because they don't have enough samples. Not everyone is going to match the few AI samples they do have. On our AI my family members are given different tribes. My uncle has different tribes than I do and our ancestors are of none of the tribes they claim we match.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaffa View Post
        Many in Mexico are getting strange Finnish results. It maybe Indian tribes they cant read and dont have DNA samples to compare to

Im not Italian but others have posted not many Italians have DNA tested and do show up with Middle Eastern DNA and why they maybe putting you as Jewish which covers ME
        Thank you so much for sharing this.

Comment

Is this from McDonald or PF? PF gave my Uncle almost 75 % Finnish with no Spanish/French ect. McDonald reads no Finnish in our lines so have McDonald read your DNA. In general the Mexico DNA project is getting weird Finnish results some in high % on PF which should not be. A lot of us in agreement it could be AI they cant read because they don't have enough samples. Not everyone is going to match the few AI samples they do have. On our AI my family members are given different tribes. My uncle has different tribes than I do and our ancestors are of none of the tribes they claim we match.

I've had Mc Donald do both of ours too. The one I posted was FTDNA. Mc Donald had "French" for both of us with Mayan. There are definite Middle Eastern segments in our Graphs too but he didn't explain what that was from. Basically its a lot of red with large blocks of Green(AI) Pink (ME) Blue (African) and some dark gray (South Asian) Other utilities like Gedmatch Oracle put me as Romanian and Mayan.

We aren't North American tribes so it doesn't really count for us. We are Mayan/Columbian Caribbean and FTDNA read it just fine. Costa Rican and the Caribbean Columbian Coast is our mixture of AmerIndian

Comment

Originally posted by rancelli View Post
            Thank you so much for sharing this.
            Your welcome. If you want try emailing Dr McDonald and have him read your raw data from FTDNA. He has Indigenous samples others dont. He read no Finnish in my family and we have no record of it either. Our European is Colonial and is classified in Orcadian not Finnish. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Favouriteslave View Post
              I've had Mc Donald do both of ours too. The one I posted was FTDNA. Mc Donald had "French" for both of us with Mayan. There are definite Middle Eastern segments in our Graphs too but he didn't explain what that was from. Basically its a lot of red with large blocks of Green(AI) Pink (ME) Blue (African) and some dark gray (South Asian) Other utilities like Gedmatch Oracle put me as Romanian and Mayan.

We aren't North American tribes so it doesn't really count for us. We are Mayan/Columbian Caribbean and FTDNA read it just fine. Costa Rican and the Caribbean Columbian Coast is our mixture of AmerIndian
              I dont know how many samples FTDNA has for France and could be why they placed you elsewhere if you have confirmed French ancestry.

Comment

Your welcome. If you want try emailing Dr McDonald and have him read your raw data from FTDNA. He has Indigenous samples others dont. He read no Finnish in my family and we have no record of it either. Our European is Colonial and is classified in Orcadian not Finnish. [email protected]
                I emailed Dr. McDonald, and this is what he came up with. I'm still confused though. I don't understand what all of this means.

autosomal-o-results.csv
                Most likely fit is 24.5% (+- 4.8%) Europe (various subcontinents)
                and 23.1% (+- 0.6%) America (various subcontinents)
                and 52.5% (+- 5.3%) Mideast (all Jewish)

The following are possible population sets and their fractions,
                most likely at the top
                Irish= 0.234 Maya= 0.233 Jewish= 0.533 or
                English= 0.263 Maya= 0.236 Jewish= 0.501 or
                French= 0.322 Maya= 0.239 Jewish= 0.440 or
                Finland= 0.179 Maya= 0.226 Jewish= 0.595 or
                Irish= 0.239 Columbia= 0.227 Jewish= 0.534 or
                Hungary= 0.289 Maya= 0.233 Jewish= 0.478 or
                Finland= 0.188 Columbia= 0.220 Jewish= 0.593

or
                Spain 0.5264 Jewish 0.2258 Maya 0.2206 Na-Dene 0.0271

Note the big difference in Jewish percent depending on whether there is
                British/French versus Spanish. I canlt be sure which is correct.

Doug McDonald

Comment

PF results

My husband and children's results just came in and my husband PF is French, Orcadian 79% and Palestinian, Jewish Bedoin 20%. We know he has some French and Swiss (GF spoke German) and his mom was Bavarian German. He also has a bit of Italian and Polish. His Relatives list is almost all Jewish surnames. A bit surprised as he has no knowledge that anyone was Jewish and from hearing from others on these boards if you have a lot of Jewish names you probably have Jewish ancestors. My kids share the relatives also but their PF is a little different with one having more ME of 30% specifically Aygei only and the son having 100% European with Russian, Finnish, Sardinian Spanish, Tuscan, French and Orcadian. I don't know wether I should question FTDNA on these results or not.

Comment

One salient question is: do you have Irish matches, and if so are they all or mainly from the same region or sharing a certain surname?

Population Finder can be a decent general overview, but it's no substitute for analyzing complexes of matches by location and surname.

Irish will typically fall into Orcadian since it's the closest population.

Comment

Working...
                    X