X Match is wrong/impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Match is wrong/impossible

It's showing me as having a full match with someone on the X chromosome, yet this person only matches me at 10cms elsewhere. I'm pretty sure this is impossible.
    Attached Files

Use the FTDNA Contact us link (click on customer support on top of forum page) and ask them to check the file to verify if there is an issue or not.
    Give the kit number and email associated with your kit in question and the matches kit name and email address.

EDIT
    Is your kit a transfer to FTDNA or was it tested directly with FTDNA?
    If it is a transfer, was it an unmodified Raw Data file from your original testing company? No 3rd party tool used to modify it
    Last edited by prairielad; 8th September 2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Purrfect, I looked at you earlier posts. Is this the same problem which you have been having for years?

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        Use the FTDNA Contact us link (click on customer support on top of forum page) and ask them to check the file to verify if there is an issue or not.
        Give the kit number and email associated with your kit in question and the matches kit name and email address.

EDIT
        Is your kit a transfer to FTDNA or was it tested directly with FTDNA?
        If it is a transfer, was it an unmodified Raw Data file from your original testing company? No 3rd party tool used to modify it
        Thanks, I sent them a message. My kit was a transfer from ancestry. I don't believe any 3rd party tool was used to modify it? It's so long ago (back in 2014) that I uploaded that I don't remember. But the only way I would have used a 3rd party tool to modify it would have been to change the file format if ftdna didn't accept raw data from ancestry as is. I know I had to use a program to convert my ancestry data to 23andme format for some sites in order for them to accept the upload but I don't think that was the case here. Also, my other x DNA data seems mostly accurate though on gedmatch I did have 3 matches over 14cms where none of them triangulated with each other tho one of those matches is now gone from my list there. But I definitely have matches from both my mother and fathers side that don't match me on a whole X chromosome.

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
          Purrfect, I looked at you earlier posts. Is this the same problem which you have been having for years?
          huh? Don't recall ever having a similar problem and don't see anything mentioning such in my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Purrfect View Post

huh? Don't recall ever having a similar problem and don't see anything mentioning such in my posts.
            Sorry, I must not have read it carefully enough to see that it was a different case, but this is the one I was talking about:

https://forums.familytreedna.com/for...d-cm-questions

Comment

Working...
            X