New X column and bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New X column and bug

Personally I think a column devoted to X is not necessary. For a male like myself it's basically blank.

It is nice that you can sort the column from high to low, but at the moment, the results are incorrect. My results are not sorted in any particular order and when I resort in the opposite direction I just get another meaningless list.

So one more thing to be fixed.....

Currently, clicking on X match will sort them to the end of list (backwards...), Clicking once more will place a X matches at the beginning of list (X matches sorted by oldest to newest match date)

Comment

Okay, thank you.

I do see how they are sorted from front of list to back of list. But there is no sorting of my X matches by date. My 2016 matches are interspersed randomly (it seems to me) with my 2015 matches.

For instance, my first 9 X matches are 2015. Then come 13 more matches, that contain mixed 2015/2016. Then the last two are back to 2015.

I only have 24 X matches total so I can see all of them at once.

~~~

Another suggestion.. Instead of writing "X Match" under the "X Match" column, which is terribly redundant and not very illuminating, why not provide the total shared X cM? So that one can instantly see if we are talking about 20 to 30 cM of X or something minor, like less than 3.

This does not seem like a Major programming change to me. Easy for me to say, I guess, 2000 miles away from Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by mabrams View Post
        Another suggestion.. Instead of writing "X Match" under the "X Match" column, which is terribly redundant and not very illuminating, why not provide the total shared X cM? So that one can instantly see if we are talking about 20 to 30 cM of X or something minor, like less than 3.
        Displaying the actual shared X-DNA cM would be far more beneficial in comparison to the current display.

I've been contacted via GEDmatch by someone who tested at FTDNA, but didn't realize that they shared a large portion on their X with my grandmother until they saw it over there. GEDmatch displays the amount of cM that is shared on the X sortable by both total cM and largest block.

Comment

Originally posted by phje View Post
          Displaying the actual shared X-DNA cM would be far more beneficial in comparison to the current display.

I've been contacted via GEDmatch by someone who tested at FTDNA, but didn't realize that they shared a large portion on their X with my grandmother until they saw it over there. GEDmatch displays the amount of cM that is shared on the X sortable by both total cM and largest block.
          I cannot believe that cMs of shared X DNA are not shown!

So I got lots of X matches in the range 1.16-1.4 cM (just one segment), but no way of knowing that until I get into the Chromosome Browser. How disappointing...

Mr W

Comment

Total cM should be displayed, rather than a generic "X match" label. And I think the longest X block should be displayed on the hidden second line, with mtDNA and the YDNA.

To see all of your X matches instantly, and organized by Start position, and including ICWs, install the ADSA. ADSA works on all chromosomes, including the X.

Comment

In my top 30 matches I have one X match. In my wife's top 30 matches she has 6 X matches. Of course I also have almost 7 times as many total DNA matches as she does.

Comment

Working...
              X