X Chromosome webinar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Chromosome webinar

I registered for the X chromosome webinar and downloaded the GoToMeetingCodec. I have tried to start the webinar but I get an error message. I sent a message to the Help Desk. Any suggestions on how to get the program to run? My OS is Windows 7 and I get an error message saying that the file is not a valid Win32 application.
    Thank you.

Hi there,

You actually shouldn't need the GoToMeeting codec, since I convert the recordings to a format that doesn't require users to install it. Unfortunately, it appears that the GoToMeeting website is hard-coded to recommend downloading the codec when you attempt to view the recording, and that's something I can't modify

All you need is a program that can run Windows Media Player (.wmv) files. If you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer already -- and you should, since I think all Windows versions come with it pre-installed these days -- you should be all set.

In case you need it again, here's the link to the recording of the X chromosome webinar:

http://bit.ly/1bR9OyX

Just enter your name and email address as requested, and you should then be redirected to the recording.

Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 9 January 2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Elise: Many thanks! For the forthcoming webinars, could you also post the link (the day after) for those of us who miss it?

Comment

Is there a way to view on a Mac? I filled in the info as requested and it opened a page that said "loading," showing what looked like it might be a QuickTime symbol. Then it disappeared to a black screen. Tried it a couple times, same thing.

v

Comment

Originally posted by marietta View Post
          Elise: Many thanks! For the forthcoming webinars, could you also post the link (the day after) for those of us who miss it?
          Sure, either Rebekah or I will post the link to the recordings. We'll also soon have a central webpage online that provides the full webinar schedule, registration links and recording links, and that will be announced when it's ready

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by vivianruth View Post
            Is there a way to view on a Mac? I filled in the info as requested and it opened a page that said "loading," showing what looked like it might be a QuickTime symbol. Then it disappeared to a black screen. Tried it a couple times, same thing.
            v
            Did you wait a bit after it went to the black screen or did you stop it right away? Apparently there was a delay when I started recording yesterday, so there's up to a minute of black screen, then the audio starts, and the video starts shortly after. So try again and give it a couple minutes to see if the audio and then video starts.

If that doesn't help...

Some Mac users do need to install a free program called "Windows Media Components for QuickTime" so their computer will recognize and be able to play the .wmv recordings. You can download the program from the Microsoft website using the following short link:

http://tinyurl.com/wmc4qt

Elise

Comment

Webinar problems

Elise,

After signing in and after clicking "View Recording" I get the following message:

Not a valid win32 application.

I really want to watch this recording as I know it will be very informative. I did receive the same reply from tech support.

I watch webinars all the time and have not had any problems before.

Thanks.

Martha Parker

Comment

Hi Martha,

That's strange, I haven't seen that error before with the webinar recordings.

My best suggestion is to contact GoToWebinar's tech support team. They have the tools and resources to troubleshoot individual computer issues related to the webinars. Support is free and 24x7. I've called them many times and have had other webinar participants call them as well, and they're always very helpful.

GoToWebinar Support: 800-263-6317

If you have any trouble resolving the issue with their assistance, please let me know.

Elise

Comment

Webinar

Elise,

I spoke with tech support at Citrix and after 2+ hours we were unable to get the recording. After I hung up I deleted a file and tried again and was thrilled that I was able to hear the webinar. I do believe that the wonderful tech support was the reason the webinar started. It had nothing to do with the deleted file.

The X Chromosome webinar was very interesting as was the live one today. I learned a lot.

Thank you very much.

Martha Parker

Comment

Hi Martha,

I'm so glad you were able to finally get the recording for the X chromosome webinar to work! You hopefully won't have a problem with future recordings now, since whatever the problem was on your computer is hopefully now fixed for good

Glad you were able to attend the live Family Finder webinar today as well, and learned a lot!

Elise

Comment

Working...
                    X