Many matches in the same location AJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many matches in the same location AJ

I am of Ashkenazi background. As a result I have close to 500 X matches. By eyeballing, my impression is that a majority of my matches are at the same chromosome location. (the size of the block varies and the same individuals sometimes match at other X locations). For the most part, the blocks are not minimal, 5- 7 cM . Could this be the result of a founder effect.
    Last edited by josh w.; 9 January 2014, 12:25 PM.

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
    I am of Ashkenazi background. As a result I have close to 500 X matches. By eyeballing, my impression is that a majority of my matches are at the same chromosome location. (the size of the block varies and the same individuals sometimes match at other X locations). For the most part, the blocks are not minimal. Could this be the result of a founder effect.
    Hi,

There is a segment that is about 3cM long just to the right of the centromere where you are highly likely to have matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
      Hi,

There is a segment that is about 3cM long just to the right of the centromere where you are highly likely to have matches.
      Thanks for the info. Yes, that is the location. Many matches are longer than 3 cM. Any explanation for this particular location. Is area less likely to experience recombination.
      Last edited by josh w.; 9 January 2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X