Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assyrian R-M269

Hi all

So I recently got my Y-DNA test back and it says R-M269. Now I've always been told my dad was Assyrian and so I was wondering if there is a specific SNP that is found among most or many Assyrian R-M269 males?
    For instance I read on a forum once that many Assyrian R-M269 males fall under the R-Z2103 subclade, should I test for that subclade? Or does anyone have other info about Assyrian R-M269 males and their specific subclades?

Please help me out here cause I don't wanna hit a brick wall here.

The only way to know which SNPs you are positive for is to order SNP test. You have three choices: 1. order Big Y, it will give you the most complete SNP testing; 2. order the R-Z2103 SNP pack which will test for R-Z2103 and many other SNPs; 3. order the R-Z2103 SNP test, the cheapest option and least informative option.

To order any of these sign into your kit and click on the 'ADD ONS & UPGRADES' tab at the top right of the home page.

Comment

R-M269 is about 13,000 years old and is the common ancestor for about 110 Million European men (mostly in Western Europe).

R-Z2103 is much younger at about 6,100 years and is most common around the Black Sea, especially the western side.

Comment

Originally posted by Almoni View Post
        Hi all

So I recently got my Y-DNA test back and it says R-M269. Now I've always been told my dad was Assyrian and so I was wondering if there is a specific SNP that is found among most or many Assyrian R-M269 males?
        For instance I read on a forum once that many Assyrian R-M269 males fall under the R-Z2103 subclade, should I test for that subclade? Or does anyone have other info about Assyrian R-M269 males and their specific subclades?

Please help me out here cause I don't wanna hit a brick wall here.
        Nice to see an Assyrian with R-M269, Almoni, we're always told that this often European haplogroup originated in the Middle East, and your lineage reflects that even though R-M269 isn't the biggest haplogroup there now. Please keep testing your DNA and busting down brick walls!

Comment

Working...
        X