I-M223 SNP Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-M223 SNP Pack

If my I-M223 result matches with a Big-Y "cousin" with the same last surname who has an end SNP of Y19693 at a distance of 3, would it benefit me to buy the SNP pack or just assume I have the same end SNP?

I don't think that a SNP Pack would benefit you (or anyone else) enough to be worth while.

It is better if you can save the money and buy a Big Y if you can.

A Big Y could benefit you and your cousin

Comment

Originally posted by Sematz View Post
      If my I-M223 result matches with a Big-Y "cousin" with the same last surname who has an end SNP of Y19693 at a distance of 3, would it benefit me to buy the SNP pack or just assume I have the same end SNP?
      SNP Pack I2-M223 does not include Y19693. You would need to look at each SNP Pack to see if any of them did include Y19693. FTDNA doesn't include Y19693 in their list of SNPs that can be ordered as a single SNP so you might want to find another company that does test for Y19693. It would be a lot cheaper than Big Y. Over all Big Y will tell you a lot more.

Comment

Make sure to join the I-M223 group. The admins there are very helpful with understanding your results, advice about further testing, and where you may fit in the tree in relation to your matches. As gattaca and Jim indicate the SNP pack is not really going to give you the answer to where your end is and if it is the same as your close match. Big Y may give you a terminal SNP that is closer to the present than I-Y19693.

Comment

Working...
        X