R-Y11667

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Y11667

We got this particular SNP tested for my husband on a hunch and the results just came in that it is his haplogroup. I've run a search on it and I can't seem to find out anything about it--its origins, history, most common locations, nothing like that. Has anyone happened to read about it before by chance and remember anything about it? Any suggestions on where to look or who I can contact to find out more? Would FTDNA be helpful? The customer service rep didn't seem all that knowledgeable when I last called.

YFull says that R-Y11667 is roughly 4400 years old and the TMRCA (time to most recent common ancestor) is approximately 3900 years ago. On YFull's tree there is one individual who is R-Y11667* (negative for any downstream SNPs) from Mexico and three individuals who are R-Y11667>Y28607, one of the ID's is new and the other two have roots in Russia and Lithuania.

Alex Williamson's "The Big Tree" has this alternate version of the R-Y11667 tree.

Haplogroup R-Y11667 is downstream of R-U152>L2. I couldn't find a distribution map for R-L2, however I found one for the parent clade U152. Eupedia also has this brief article on R-U152 calling it the "Italo-Celtic" branch.

I'm assuming R-Y11667 is a newly discovered SNP so it is not yet well documented, or a highly populated branch of the R tree. ISOGG does not yet have a longhand name for it.

Comment

Thank you very much! That's all quite interesting as his paternal line goes back to Germany about 300 years ago.

Comment

Can you please join U152 project on FTDNA
        https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background
        there are whole subclade for R-Y11667 !

Comment

Hi All,

...and three individuals who are R-Y11667>Y28607, one of the ID's is new and the other two have roots in Russia and Lithuania.
          The new one is my immediate relative along the paternal line who was tested mainly for some research purposes (as well as for possible our common branch calibration). So it gives not too much new info on phylogeny of our Y11667 branch (and its Y28607 sub-branch).

Alex Williamson's "The Big Tree" has this alternate version of the R-Y11667 tree.
          It is alternative but looks for now it is phylogenetically equivalent. Maybe as soon as we've convinced more and more people to test and to send their BigY to YFull, we get some richer structure on YFull...

BTW, me = YF07578 (in FTDNA projects I can be seen as 508652)

Thanks,
          Roman

Comment

Working...
          X