Finding SNP on phylogenetic tree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding SNP on phylogenetic tree

If I have the name of a SNP, how can I find the names of the SNPs upstream from that SNP and where the SNP is located on the phylogenetic tree?
    Last edited by TwiddlingThumbs; 16th July 2017, 08:03 PM.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/

Comment

It's not too difficult to do. Open whatever tree you want to use - FTDNA's tree in your account, ISOGG tree at https://isogg.org/tree/index.html or the tree from YFull that the previous poster linked to. Then use the find function in whatever browser you use.

Comment

Thanks. The YFull site and FTDNA site make sense, but how do you use the ISOGG site to find a SNPs place on the tree and see upstream SNPs?

Comment

Originally posted by TwiddlingThumbs View Post
          Thanks. The YFull site and FTDNA site make sense, but how do you use the ISOGG site to find a SNPs place on the tree and see upstream SNPs?
          Go to the ISOGG tree site I linked to and click on the letter of the alphabet for your haplogroup. For instance, if your haplogroup is R-M269 or anything starting with R, click on the link near the top labeled "R." Then search for the SNPs you're interested in on the page you're sent to.

Comment

R1a1a1b1a2b3a1

The ISOGG page used both the old names and the new names. The old names make it much easier to determine the position on the tree. If you are R-F2686.1 use the FIND function to locate the SNP on their tree. You'll see the old style name is R1a1a1b1a2b3a1 upstream of that is R1a1a1b1a2b3a, then R1a1a1b1a2b3, then R1a1a1b1a2b - keep working back dropping the trailing character at each step. In addition to providing the old style name they also provide the SNP mane(s) that correspond to the old style name.

Comment

Working...
            X