Did Y-111 but matches not showing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Y-111 but matches not showing

My father did his Y-111. Under Y-DNA Matches he comes up with zero matches at all markers. However if I click under Ancestral Origins it says he has 30 matches at the 12 level marker Genetic distance of -1.

Why the inconsistency? Shouldn't the 30 matches under the Origins tab come up under his matches? The origins tab matches has no way for me to check who the person is or how close the relationship is. It just gives the number of matches for each country, no details.

Father is Q-L804

Originally posted by Groberts View Post
    My father did his Y-111. Under Y-DNA Matches he comes up with zero matches at all markers. However if I click under Ancestral Origins it says he has 30 matches at the 12 level marker Genetic distance of -1.

Why the inconsistency? Shouldn't the 30 matches under the Origins tab come up under his matches? The origins tab matches has no way for me to check who the person is or how close the relationship is. It just gives the number of matches for each country, no details.

Father is Q-L804
    Only exact matches are shown at 12 markers. The exception is they will show those with a genetic difference of 1 at 12 markers if both men are in the same project. So try joining a haplogroup project and maybe some of those matches will show although those "matches" are of no significance if they have tested above 12 markers and don't match your father.

Comment

Originally posted by travers View Post
      Only exact matches are shown at 12 markers. The exception is they will show those with a genetic difference of 1 at 12 markers if both men are in the same project. So try joining a haplogroup project and maybe some of those matches will show although those "matches" are of no significance if they have tested above 12 markers and don't match your father.
      Thanks for the information. Got it

Comment

Originally posted by Groberts View Post
        However if I click under Ancestral Origins it says he has 30 matches at the 12 level marker Genetic distance of -1.

Why the inconsistency? Shouldn't the 30 matches under the Origins tab come up under his matches?
        Only customers will be included in your Y-DNA matches. There are research kits included in the Ancestral Origins list.

Comment

Working...
        X