Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haplogroup assigned

Hello to all,

I have recently received an email form FTDNA informing me that they had made a mistake in the assignment of my haplogroup. I had suspected that from the beginning, but now it turns out I was correct. I had contacted them before and they were sure that the previous result were correct.

I was E-L117 before and now I'm Q M3, which fits what we know about my ancestors.

The reason for my post, is that I would like to know if anybody out there can point me to the right direction for me to be able to get more information on my new haplogroup.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Jeronimo

Originally posted by Jeronimo13 View Post
    I was E-L117 before and now I'm Q M3, which fits what we know about my ancestors.
    According to YFull, about 15,000 years ago the parent Q-M930 divided into two lineages which would later become Q-M3 and Q-L804.

Q-M3 is mostly Native American, but has been found (rarely) in Siberia.

Q-L804 has (so far) been found only in northwestern European countries such as Scandinavia and the British Isles.

Comment

And I am one of the Q-L 804 from the British Isles, with mixed male lineage from South of England to Orkney Islands from the last 4 decades. Unknown Biological paternal grandfather so that is the trail I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X