Batch 565

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 565

I have just been advised my backbone test is complete (Batch 565). However it still says my Haplogroup is predicted. What additional info should I be seeing if this test is complete??

I also have no matches, is this normal??

regards

Chris

Please help

Originally posted by Gendal View Post
    I have just been advised my backbone test is complete (Batch 565). However it still says my Haplogroup is predicted. What additional info should I be seeing if this test is complete??

regards

Chris
    Can someone from ftdna please help. What's the point of DNA testing if after 5 months you hardly have learnt anything! If I've had my backbone test why can't I see any information about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gendal View Post
      Can someone from ftdna please help. What's the point of DNA testing if after 5 months you hardly have learnt anything! If I've had my backbone test why can't I see any information about it.
      Specific kit questions are best sent to Customer Support, since there are only a couple of us on staff who monitor the forum.

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

However, send me the kit number (by private message if you prefer) and I'll see if there's a quick fix that we can do for you, or whether it will need to be sent to engineering.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        Specific kit questions are best sent to Customer Support, since there are only a couple of us on staff who monitor the forum.

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

However, send me the kit number (by private message if you prefer) and I'll see if there's a quick fix that we can do for you, or whether it will need to be sent to engineering.

Elise
        Thank you. Kit number 334309. It's just I've tried customer services and it takes ages. I got an email saying backbone test completed but no other info.

Comment

Thanks for your kit number. There's apparently a bug, since the text on your Haplotree page should get changed to say "Your confirmed haplogroup is..." (rather than predicted). I've reported this issue to engineering. It may take several weeks for this issue to be fixed, but an internal tracking number has been assigned and it definitely will get fixed.

Also, I'd also like to apologize, since I read your posts too quickly and didn't notice that you were asking for other information as well.

So to answer your questions:

What additional info should I be seeing if this test is complete?
          If you scroll to the very bottom of your Haplotree page, you'll see the Tests Taken section, with your result M124+ listed there. This is the result of your Backbone test -- you are positive for the SNP M124. This gives you a starting point for your placement on the tree.

You'll also see that M124 is now in green text within the tree itself -- it's near the end of the tree. Green text indicates a positive result, as shown in the legend near the top of the Haplotree page.

You may belong to one of the tree branches below M124, but testing for additional SNPs is optional and at an additional cost. So it's best to consult with the relevant haplogroup project administrator to determine which of those SNP(s) may be useful for you. I see that you've already joined the R2 and R2-M124 haplogroup projects, so definitely consult with those admins if you're interested in additional information about your haplogroup.

While not overly common, it's definitely possible to have no matches.

No matches usually means that no one from your direct paternal line is in the FTDNA database yet. Of course, the FTDNA database is constantly getting updated with new results. And every time a new Y-DNA test result is uploaded to the system, it is checked for matches. So when (I'm optimistic!) a new customer comes along who matches you, you'll be notified by email and you'll then see the match on your Y-DNA Matches page.

That said, in some cases, a customer may have an unusual marker value that is preventing them from having matches. Someone who is very familiar with your haplogroup and the typical marker values in your haplogroup should be able to advise you on whether you have any particularly unusual values -- that would usually be the haplogroup project admins too.

Hope this helps!

Elise
          Last edited by efgen; 20 June 2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
            Thanks for your kit number. There's appparently a bug, since the text on your Haplotree page should get changed to say "Your confirmed haplogroup is..." (rather than predicted). I've reported this issue to engineering. It may take several weeks for this issue to be fixed, but an internal tracking number has been assigned and it definitely will get fixed.

Also, I'd also like to apologize, since I read your posts too quickly and didn't notice that you were asking for other information as well.

So to answer your questions:

If you scroll to the very bottom of your Haplotree page, you'll see the Tests Taken section, with your result M124+ listed there. This is the result of your Backbone test -- you are positive for the SNP M124. This gives you a starting point for your placement on the tree.

You'll also see that M124 is now in green text within the tree itself -- it's near the end of the tree. Green text indicates a positive result, as shown in the legend near the top of the Haplotree page.

You may belong to one of the tree branches below M124, but testing for additional SNPs is optional and at an additional cost. So it's best to consult with the relevant haplogroup project administrator to determine which of those SNP(s) may be useful for you. I see that you've already joined the R2 and R2-M124 haplogroup projects, so definitely consult with those admins if you're interested in additional information about your haplogroup.

While not overly common, it's definitely possible to have no matches.

No matches usually means that no one from your direct paternal line is in the FTDNA database yet. Of course, the FTDNA database is constantly getting updated with new results. And every time a new Y-DNA test result is uploaded to the system, it is checked for matches. So when (I'm optimistic!) a new customer comes along who matches you, you'll be notified by email and you'll then see the match on your Y-DNA Matches page.

That said, in some cases, a customer may have an unusual marker value that is preventing them from having matches. Someone who is very familiar with your haplogroup and the typical marker values in your haplogroup should be able to advise you on whether you have any particularly unusual values -- that would usually be the haplogroup project admins too.

Hope this helps!

Elise
            Thanks so much. If only that was put in the email when I was told the backbone test was complete!

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X