Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did R1b-L51 and its subclades come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting.

skeleton_when the SGC paper gets here.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
      Probably most of you know that R1b-L51 has been found in ancient Corded Ware samples from SE Poland, Germany, and from Switzerland. Check out the new video from David Reich, especially at around 45:00 and after. Reich says he can show that Corded Ware was descended from Yamnaya, because now they are able to see distant cousin relationships among ancient DNA samples. It also looks like Corded Ware was the product of the mixing of Yamnaya males with some Globular Amphora females. Corded Ware was mostly Yamnaya, since the proportion of Yamnaya DNA in CWC ranges from about 60% - 80%, and the Y-DNA haplogroups are Yamnaya Y-DNA haplogroups.

This is HUGE news for us R1b-L51 guys, because it indicates that R1b-L51 will probably be found in Yamnaya. (BTW, if you are R1b and of central and/or western European descent, you are probably R1b-L51.)

Where do you think?

Comment

Think of auto, no sex chosen

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou View Post
          Think of auto, no sex chosen
          Of course, this thread is about a YDNA haplogroup, R1b-L51, and for that reason is located in the "Paternal Lineages (Y-DNA)" subforum of the larger "Y-DNA Haplogroups & SNPs Advanced" subforum.

I've nothing against autosomal DNA. It's great, but it's only really effective for genealogical time.

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou View Post

Where do you think?
            I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but if you're asking where I think R1b-L51 came from, I think it came from Yamnaya, which became Corded Ware in SE Poland and then spread west. Around 2600 BC or thereabouts, some elements of Single Grave Corded Ware formed the Bell Beaker culture, which spread even farther west and also northwest into the British Isles and Ireland.

Comment

Yep all in my ethnicity brake down and southern Scotland

Comment

No doubt most people of European descent have Corded Ware and Yamnaya ancestry, because those folks were the means by which Indo-European language and culture spread.

Comment

Working...
                X