R-Y879

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Y879

I am trying to find fellow testers of haplogroup R-Y879, so please message me if this is your designated group on FTDNA.

According to the block tree, there are at least 4 testers (including myself) who belong to this branch ie have opted to share their country of origin on the block tree.

I have found 2 of the 3 other users through the FTDNA groups (no contact yet made, but I have posted relevant threads in said groups), but the other Indian tester eludes me.

So if you're that Indian tester, please get in touch as I wish to enhance the definition of our shared haplotree branch on YFull:

https://yfull.com/tree/R-Y879/

For anyone wondering, I don't match with any of these testers as the average private variant count for the group is 31 and I have at least 45 which makes matching prohibitive.

I am wondering if you did try to persuade your y12, y25, y37, y67, y111 to upgrade to Big Y.

You can enhance the definition of your shared haplotree branch by persuading your Ydna STR matches to upgrade to Big Y

You can also recruit some of your cousins from other autosomal databases to do a ydna 37 test first and if they match you, then you can persuade them to upgrade to Big Y

Comment

Originally posted by gattaca View Post
      I am wondering if you did try to persuade your y12, y25, y37, y67, y111 to upgrade to Big Y.

You can enhance the definition of your shared haplotree branch by persuading your Ydna STR matches to upgrade to Big Y

You can also recruit some of your cousins from other autosomal databases to do a ydna 37 test first and if they match you, then you can persuade them to upgrade to Big Y
      I actually have no STR matches on FTDNA at any level, not even with the other male testers who share my surname in the shared groups that we're in, I don't know if it would be appropriate to query these members who have only tested up to the R-L657 level. I don't even match with them so I have none of their contact details, I could write a plea to them (via the group pages) and implore them to take enhanced testing.

Regarding autosomal testing, I don't appear to have any relevant results that I could chase up, but I almost forgot to look anyway so thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Working...
      X