Unsure about Haplo belonging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure about Haplo belonging

I've been tested by MyHeritageDNA and am trying to narrow down my haplogroup based on this limited information. 1) By manually comparing the snps (which are relevant to haplogroups according to Promethease) on the isogg tree and 2) by using a haplogroup predictor.
    However, the results do not match. The predictor's result is like following:

As you can see it's based on ISOGG's 2013 tree.

I know about about naming discrepancies but can't figure it out.

Based on the latest version of the 2018 tree, the 2 last green marked SNPs (rs7893064(A;A)/S150) & (rs17316729(A;A)/S120) make me a member of I2a1b 1.

Can anyone clarify this situation for me and tell me whether my current DNAinfo is even worth enough for haplo-research?

Thanks!

Haplogroup I2a1b-L161.1

Commonly known in genetic genealogy circles as I2-M423-Isles, L161.1 is found at highest frequencies in western Ireland (5-10%) and the Scottish Highlands (1-5%), but is also found at low frequencies (> 1%) throughout Central and Western Europe, from Latvia, Lithuania and Belarus to the British Isles, and from Scandinavia to north-western Spain. It has also been found in Albania, northern Greece, Bulgaria and Romania.

The oldest known I2a1b-L161.1 individuals are the 8,000 year-old Loschbour man from Mesolithic Luxembourg, and a 7,800 year-old man from Motala in southern Sweden. I2a1b-L161.1 was probably scattered over most of Europe during the late Glacial and immediate postglacial periods, and in all likelihood integrated Neolithic society like all other Mesolithic lineages. I2a1b-L161.1 was very possibly one of the main Neolithic lineages in the British Isles during the Megalithic period, and would therefore have been among the men who built Stonehenge, Knowth, Newgrange and other great Megalithic sites. Its low frequency today and its confinement to the north-western and south-eastern fringes of Europe is indubitably the result of the numerous waves of Indo-European migrations over the last 5,000 years. The Proto-Celtic haplogroup R1b-L21 is now known to have arrived in Ireland around 2000 BCE (see Cassidy et al. 2015), only a few centuries after R1b first arrived in Central Europe. The transition was rapid, with R1b tribes overwhelming the Neolithic population of the British Isles in only a few centuries and pushing them further west and north, where L161.1 survives today.

From https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplo...DNA.shtml#I2a1

See:https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background

This is especially interesting: http://s168543378.onlinehome.us/z/L-...meline%20.html

Comment

Hey, thanks for the answer!
      Could you post how you've drawn the conclusion?

Comment

If you are I-M223 predicted, you should join the I-M233 Y-DNA group. The admins there should be able to help you determine information better. Or you could email an admin to find out more. Since that group and the admins have studied that part of the tree more, they would be of the most help to you in furthering your knowledge and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely View Post
          Hey, thanks for the answer!
          Could you post how you've drawn the conclusion?
          I've always been super confused by the long alphabet filled terminology for haplogroups that I've found a lot easier to just use R-M222 or I-L161.1 or I-F2642. I'm curious as well how rmm0484 came to the conclusion that you are I-L161.1

Comment

I will contact one of the group admins, thanks.
            However, i'm almost certain that I2a1b-Din is the correct answer.

Comment

Working...
            X