X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Potter
    replied
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It looks like if FTDNA was going to offer SNP tests for Z251, L555, L557, L561 and L583 they would have a tree/chart available on-line to show people there they are located. They obviously know where they are located, so why can't a customer have access to this information? I contacted them with a few questions last Monday and have received nothing back from them. I am sure there is enormous amounts of work to be completed at FTDNA, but I would think that providing a tree/chart would actually eliminate many questions and therefore save them time that could then be used on other matters. Eager to see what I turn up to be below R1b > L21 > Z251

Leave a comment:

• MitchellSince1893
    replied
    Originally posted by gtc View Post
    ...The closest thing we have to a publicly accessible reasonably up to date Y tree is the ISOGG one...
    At least for my branch I find YFull's experimental tree to be reasonably up-to-date.
    http://www.yfull.com/tree/

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by thetick View Post
    Because the "new" tree uses Geno2.0 SNPs which were defined as any SNP before November 2012. This info was from Thomas Krahn, former FTDNA employee.
    This is correct.

Any Y tree needs constant maintenance. FTDNA has made noises that they will be updating their Y tree at least annually. (Whether or not they do that remains to be seen.)

The closest thing we have to a publicly accessible reasonably up to date Y tree is the ISOGG one, but even that lags behind the trees being assembled by the haplogroup projects on the basis of analyses of the results of Big Y and FGC testing by their members.

Leave a comment:

• thetick
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Potter View Post
    I had already seen that and I was hoping that wasn't it. How sad.........it doesn't show Z251 below L21. The Z251 SNP has been known of for well over a year now, how could it have not made the tree?
    Because the "new" tree uses Geno2.0 SNPs which were defined as any SNP before November 2012. This info was from Thomas Krahn, former FTDNA employee.

Leave a comment:

• Don Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by gtc View Post
    Log into your FTDNA account, then under Y-DNA on the strip menu select Haplotree & SNPs.

I had already seen that and I was hoping that wasn't it. How sad.........it doesn't show Z251 below L21. The Z251 SNP has been known of for well over a year now, how could it have not made the tree?

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Potter View Post
    Could someone please post a link to the new Y-DNA tree?
    Log into your FTDNA account, then under Y-DNA on the strip menu select Haplotree & SNPs.

Leave a comment:

• Don Potter
    replied
    Could someone please post a link to the new Y-DNA tree?

Leave a comment:

• Svein
    replied
    Originally posted by Svein View Post
    Why did they have to "kill" R1b-L47 when it already existed in the old tree? Now this particular line I administrate has gone back to L48+. I like this "new" tree less and less.
    Seems they have corrected this, at least: L47+ is now back!

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by rdbox26hs View Post
    Has anyone else had their Genographic results vanish?
    Yes, the SNP results just vanished for several members of my project.

Leave a comment:

• rdbox26hs
    replied
    Has anyone else had their Genographic results vanish? I notified FTdna of the problem of genographic negatives not being added to the new tree results, as some other have, but just found that all my other SNPs have vanished.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
    Oh, I'll just let it ride. I'm hard-of-hearing and don't use the phone anyway.

The SNP in question is R-CTS55768. Does anybody here know about that new SNP (for L664)?
    4/30/14:

My test is due back on June 17th. I forgot to note the batch number. It'll probably be negative. I was hoping for some expert feedback about this particular SNP. I once saw something in passing on another forum that a new SNP was found for a couple of people in another subgroup, such as A or C (I'm in B). This could be that SNP.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    Oh, I'll just let it ride. I'm hard-of-hearing and don't use the phone anyway.

The SNP in question is R-CTS55768. Does anybody here know about that new SNP (for L664)?

Leave a comment:

• dtvmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    If you ordered in error, call the office on Monday and tell them to cancel it. You shouldn't pay for a product you don't need.
    Send an email to their help desk now, no need to wait
    for the long phone waits tomorrow. Batches are on
    Thursdays, there's no super rush.

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    If you ordered in error, call the office on Monday and tell them to cancel it. You shouldn't pay for a product you don't need.
    Agree. There should still be time to do this before the orders are batched.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
    It's too late now. I already ordered the new SNP shown in blue on the chart. I hope it's valid for my R-L664.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X