Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    gtc,

After responding to several new SNP orders by project members, I've sent bulk e-mails to all my projects suggesting that members hold off on ordering new SNPs. I hope the office approves and sends them ASAP.
    Good idea, but I gather that approval of such bulk emails can get delayed. Hope that's not the case with yours, especially heading into a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
      While that's definitely disappointing I think the major issue is the one that Michal raises about misleading and/or confusing customers into testing irrelevant/incorrect SNPs.

I can't see the project orders but one example I have read is "M269 men are being recommended a ridiculously long list of SNPs to test for."
      I have seen that in my projects: members ordering SNPs that strike me as very odd, SNPs with which I know they have little chance of success (i.e., a positive result) or SNPs that are redundant.

That's why it is important for SNP hunters to be involved in some dna discussion forums so they can keep abreast of what's going on.

Or my project members could always email me before ordering and ask about a SNP and their likelihood of success. Some do, but not many.
      Last edited by Stevo; 25 April 2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Background to the tree update

Lots of information regarding this process, here:

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04...s-arrived.html

Comment

Mine is just a verification of what was on ISOGG for a long time: R-L664.
          Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 25 April 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

So disappointed. And angry.

I will not be ordering any new snps, for I have no idea what to order. Before, I was DF13, now it's gone, but with that, the structure for downstream snps is gone.

No one from FTDNA has responded regarding L21's clade pogrom. It's just very frustrating, and now that I finally have an exact match, this is perfectly maddening.

My guess is that when they roll out their new PF, I will wind up Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaru View Post
              My guess is that when they roll out their new PF, I will wind up Chinese.
              You and me, both.

Comment

gtc,

After responding to several new SNP orders by project members, I've sent bulk e-mails to all my projects suggesting that members hold off on ordering new SNPs. I hope the office approves and sends them ASAP.
                Going to do that now Vinnie..Thanks.. I have folks ordering also..

Comment

I am Y dna J. What happens to the tree at the Y dna J Project. The directors of the project are listed as the contact people at ISOGG.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
                    Lots of information regarding this process, here:

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04...s-arrived.html
                    That report sounds good. The tree is a work in progress, and FTDNA plans another update this year that will incorporate Big Y and outside sources, perhaps from Chromo2 and Full Genomes testing.

Today's update is a start, with obvious problems, but it sounds like they'll get ironed out.

Comment

My bulk e-mails were not approved.

Comment

$$$$$

My bulk e-mails were not approved.
                        Unfortunately, you are victim of the bottom line. This is the rationale behind the merging of Geno to the platform.

I am sorry to hear that FTDNA will not approve of you trying to help in earnest, it might wind up backfiring on them.

I am going to put in a request for a refund on my DF13, I know that I will get rejected, but it should also put them on notice that I am not happy with this latest upgrade.

Comment

Good Grief.

My cousin's haplogroup (and my grandfather's)has been changedfrom E1b1a to E1b1b- this hopefully is an error, as this would represent a huge paradigm shift culturally for us.

Comment

My cousin's haplogroup (and my grandfather's)has been changed from E1b1a to E1b1b- this hopefully is an error, as this would represent a huge paradigm shift culturally for us.
                            Given the SNAFU situation around this upgrade I would trust nothing until the usual cycle of post-implementation bug fixing has run its course.

Comment

My cousin's haplogroup (and my grandfather's)has been changedfrom E1b1a to E1b1b- this hopefully is an error, as this would represent a huge paradigm shift culturally for us.
                              Ignore the longhand haplogroup names -- look at the SNPs.

In this particular case, the branches that were E1b1a and E1b1b have simply been re-ordered on the tree. The longhand notation will be going away completely, but some of the myFTDNA pages and the GAP are still showing it. So since the branches have been re-ordered, the remaining longhand names are just reflecting the new order of the branches. But it's just temporary until the remaining pages are updated to exclusively use the shorthand notations.

Elise

Comment

Wrong confirmed haplogroup showing

I'm guessing this is a bug. My dad haplogroup is confirmed P312 (P312 still shows in green) but the badge and the confirmed haplogroup is showing as P310.

Comment

Working...
                                X