No announcement yet.

FTDNA 2014 haplotree update will happen on April 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my haplogroup and subclade, things are not current (no L1029), but it is an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      Hmm, negative SNPs from Geno should be getting loaded into myFTDNA now. Please send me your kit number (here or privately) and we'll check into it.

Thanks,
      Elise
      Thanks, Elise, but the problem is that the GENO results only report positive SNPs. I know I'm negative for the downstream because they weren't reported as positive in GENO.

Also, on some of the members' trees, SNP orders are automatically loaded into the order bin. I was able to manually remove them, but they showed up again when I went back to the tree.

Comment

Just looking at my branch of the new tree...

They added Z49 and Z150 below u152>L2 but forgot to add z142 which is in between Z49 and Z150. I brought this to their attention on the ftdna forum.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zaru;382222]edit

Comment

For my haplogroup and subclade, nothing has changed.
            Why no DF27?

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
              Thanks, Elise, but the problem is that the GENO results only report positive SNPs. I know I'm negative for the downstream because they weren't reported as positive in GENO.
              Not having positive results doesn't always mean negative -- could be a no-call. But either way, your raw Geno2.0 data does include negative results, and any negatives downstream of your terminal SNP should now get pulled into myFTDNA. So if you send me your kit number, I can have the engineering guys check into it.

Also, on some of the members' trees, SNP orders are automatically loaded into the order bin. I was able to manually remove them, but they showed up again when I went back to the tree.
              Yes, this is deliberate -- they're SNPs that are recommended for testing. I'll talk about this in the webinar today.

Elise

Comment

Not having positive results doesn't always mean negative -- could be a no-call. But either way, your raw Geno2.0 data does include negative results, and any negatives downstream of your terminal SNP should now get pulled into myFTDNA. So if you send me your kit number, I can have the engineering guys check into it.

Yes, this is deliberate -- they're SNPs that are recommended for testing. I'll talk about this in the webinar today.

Elise
                My raw Geno2.0 data does not include negative results. FTDNA adds L21 and Z225 from my Kit No: 277146 tree to my cart that I tested negative in Geno2. I am also DF27+

Comment

Originally posted by rewm60 View Post
                  My raw Geno2.0 data does not include negative results. FTDNA adds L21 and Z225 from my Kit No: 277146 tree to my cart that I tested negative in Geno2. I am also DF27+
                  Thanks, I've reported your kit as an example of this issue too. We have a few examples now, so the engineering guys should be able to work on this.

Elise

Comment

Hmm, negative SNPs from Geno should be getting loaded into myFTDNA now. Please send me your kit number (here or privately) and we'll check into it.

Thanks,
                    Elise
                    I have the exact same problem.

Comment

FTDNA should keep the y37 sale going, but pull the SNP sale until these SNPs/trees are corrected.

Comment

FTDNA should keep the y37 sale going, but pull the SNP sale until these SNPs/trees are corrected.
                        Agree 100%

Comment

It's a bit disappointing, since they apparently based their new tree on Geno 2.0, the least comprehensive of the recent spate of "Big SNP" tests. Now I am R-CTS2501. R-DF41 or R-CTS6581 would have been better.

DF27 is a really important SNP: too important to have been left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                            It's a bit disappointing, since they apparently based their new tree on Geno 2.0, the least comprehensive of the recent spate of "Big SNP" tests.
                            While that's definitely disappointing I think the major issue is the one that Michal raises about misleading and/or confusing customers into testing irrelevant/incorrect SNPs.

I can't see the project orders but one example I have read is "M269 men are being recommended a ridiculously long list of SNPs to test for."

Comment

A whole subclade of J1 - J1b - has been removed from the tree.

Unfortunately, I must retract my earliest comments about being impressed by the tree. I'm happy that my terminal SNP made it, and that they've correctly predicted my newly-tested cousin with the same terminal SNP, but it seems that FTDNA just can't get it right when rolling out new/updated information. Instead of looking forward to the new PF, I wonder if I'll have the courage to look at it.

Comment

gtc,

After responding to several new SNP orders by project members, I've sent bulk e-mails to all my projects suggesting that members hold off on ordering new SNPs. I hope the office approves and sends them ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X