FTDNA 2014 haplotree update will happen on April 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    New time estimate, approximately 4:00 a.m. EST. Who wants to give me a call?
    Yet another new time estimate - now for 10 a.m. EST. No need to call, I'll be up.

Comment

Just trying to keep you on your toes...

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
        No need, at least not in my case. I was just thinking about it, and new y haplogroup designators should actually make classification easier. If the member's terminal SNP shows up in the shorthand designator, as it should, then admins won't have to go into the member's Haplotree & SNPs page or review a long list of positives and negatives next to the member's name to find it. We can just place a member into a category based on the shorthand designator.

That should be a snap.
        I was thinking in terms of asking you what would work best for your project in terms of preferences. L21 is the largest or second largest project, right?

And why is everything written in Spanish???????

Comment

Yet another new time estimate - now for 10 a.m. EST. No need to call, I'll be up.
          Oh, good. I hope it is ready by then. I see the countdown clock at the main web page.

That's still Friday, 25 April 2014.

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

It's posted! Very impressed! It's got me down to my terminal GENO 2.0 SNP, and shows the exact same (although predicted) for my newly-tested paternal line 2nd-3rd cousin. Very impressed!

Comment

Some mistakes due to multiply occurring SNPs

Of course, the tree has some mistakes due to SNPs that turned out to occur at multiple points in the tree, such as L147.

Nevertheless, on the whole, the tree is quite impressive.

Comment

Very disappointed - one of the major groups (DF27) under R1b-P312 was totally ignored in the new tree https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults

Comment

It's posted! Very impressed! It's got me down to my terminal GENO 2.0 SNP, and shows the exact same (although predicted) for my newly-tested paternal line 2nd-3rd cousin. Very impressed!
                  Okay, now for my suggested revision. I know from my GENO results that I'm negative for downstream SNPs that the tree tells me are available for testing. So is there a way to better coordinate GENO results with the tree so customers don't accidentally test SNPs for which they are negative?

Comment

NO DF13??????

It's not listed on my tree, and I know that I tested positive for it. Oddly, the people who tested negative for it are listed with the same nomenclature as I.

Can anyone explain this? Is DF13 no longer recognized?

Comment

and how do I get out of Spanish language mode?

I cannot read Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
                        Of course, the tree has some mistakes due to SNPs that turned out to occur at multiple points in the tree, such as L147.

Nevertheless, on the whole, the tree is quite impressive.
                        Right - I see L222 listed for both J1 and J2.

Comment

looks like we are back to being a lump sum Rod.

Originally posted by rod View Post
                          Very disappointed - one of the major groups (DF27) under R1b-P312 was totally ignored in the new tree https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults
                          No DF13 either. I hope that someone can clarify this for us- or I'd like to have a refund on the snp.

Comment

MISSING KNOWN SNP's

When are the SNP's we paid for going to be added?
                            I was RP314.2 before this upgrade.

Comment

Oops - major problems. A J2 member's tree is now showing as presumed R1b, and the project results are showing he's confirmed R1b.

Edit: At the top of the haplotree page, it says confirmed, but the SNPs are in brown presumed.
                              Last edited by vinnie; 25 April 2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Okay, now for my suggested revision. I know from my GENO results that I'm negative for downstream SNPs that the tree tells me are available for testing. So is there a way to better coordinate GENO results with the tree so customers don't accidentally test SNPs for which they are negative?
                                Hmm, negative SNPs from Geno should be getting loaded into myFTDNA now. Please send me your kit number (here or privately) and we'll check into it.

Thanks,
                                Elise

Comment

Working...
                                X