Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions about what my next step might be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions about what my next step might be?

I have many Autosomal DNA Connection with a Cooper family. I have about forty suggested cousins, the strongest being 123cM with the weakest being 9cM. I cannot find a shred of documentary evidence to connect my ancestry with this Cooper tree. I do not share the Cooper surname.
    I decided to have a 111 Marker comparison test with one of the Male line Cooper individuals. The Autosomal DNA Connection suggested we were 4th to 6th Cousins 36cM 1% shared DNA. Note, we both had 111 Marker Y DNA test through FamilyTreeDNA
    There appear to be five differences across the results, which are as follows: DYS459 results 9-10 & 9-9, DYS464 results 15-16-16-18 & 16-16-18-18, Y-GATA-H4 results 1 & 10, DYS712 results 20 & 22, DYS552 results 25 and 24.
    The results on Y-DNA Matches say we have 2 steps Genetic Distance at 25 Markers.
    Can anyone suggest what I can do we these results?

Are these the correct values "Y-GATA-H4 results 1 & 10"?

Comment

Thanks for your interest. Yes this is what is on the results

Comment

Is B740553 one of these kits? Which every one of you has this kit should contact FTDNA and ask they to verify the value of 1 for Y-GATA-H4. Looking at the results for the Cooper Surname Project this is the only kit with a value less than 9

Comment

The B740553 kit is mine. I did have a 37 marker test with Ancestry.com about 15 years ago. They now have stopped doing them. I have checked my results with the FamilyTreeDNA results. All are the same with exception being Y-GATA-H4. FamilyTree DNA gave me this value of 1 and Ancestry.com gave me a value of 0. From this comparison I assume the value 1 from FamilyTree DNA is correct.

This may show how I am not related to the Cooper Family Tree.

Comment

Yes, I remember Ancestry offering both Y-DNA and mtDNA. They even allow people to enter FTDNA results into their system for free. I did and was able to see matches until they pulled the plug on both test.

Comment

I sent you a private message in the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by B740553 View Post
                The B740553 kit is mine. I did have a 37 marker test with Ancestry.com about 15 years ago. They now have stopped doing them. I have checked my results with the FamilyTreeDNA results. All are the same with exception being Y-GATA-H4. FamilyTree DNA gave me this value of 1 and Ancestry.com gave me a value of 0. From this comparison I assume the value 1 from FamilyTree DNA is correct.

This may show how I am not related to the Cooper Family Tree.
                Jim might have sent you something similar but you can use this website to help convert the old Ancestry Y-DNA values to FTDNA Y-DNA values:
                http://dgmweb.net/DNA/General/ADNA_FTDNA.html

Comment

Working...
                X