Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y-12 results with no matches, no haplogroup, nothing except STR values.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-12 results with no matches, no haplogroup, nothing except STR values.

My Y-12 results came hours ago. It took only 9 days.

When I login it said something like "Your Y-DNA results are complete! PredictedY-DNA Haplogroup [] . Your Y-DNA Terminal SNP is []. "

in "Haplotree" section, it says "Y-DNA Haplotree - Predicted Haplogroup İs " (Its just blank)

I got no matches

in "Badges"section, it still says "Unknown Y-DNA Haplogroup"

I can access the 12 STR values, I put them to some 3rd party sites and some gave me haplogroup, I am not sure if I can trust them.

in "Migration Maps" Section it says "Oops, something went wrong! We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. You may be able to try again later."

Its been only hours since I got the results e-mail. It seems I can only see my STR results, nothing else at all.

1-)Will it be fixed in a day or two, should I wait, or does it mean my haplogroup is rare, I'm gonna need a snp backbone test? I am confused because it doesn't show anything at all, doesn't tell that they couldn't predict.

2-)If I need a snp backbone test, what should I do? Does it automatically starts or do I have to contact FTDNA via contact form/e-mail?

Since they have not predicted a Haplogroup many of the other features will not work. FTDNA SHOULD automatically run a SNP backbone test. Sometimes they are slow starting this so I'd give them a little nudge. Use the 'Customer Support' link at the top of the page. You can complete the form today asking if they will be running the SNP backbone test? You can wait until Monday and call or chat.

It is unusual to not get a predicted Haplogroup and it is unusual to have no matches, but both do occur.

Do any of the 12 STRs have a missing value? If so this could keep you from have matches.

Comment

Thank you I sent a customer support form. I'll chat after Monday if I get no response.

My 12 STRs are complete, there is no missing value. I used some prediction tools, many of them gave me the same haplogroup (one with %99 probablity), I think my haplogroup is what they predicted. Also I believe if they do a backbone test it is a good thing since it is a snp test therefore it won't be a prediction but the actual result. I hope FTDNA starts the test next week.
      Last edited by Revolver; 14 August 2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Whilst I do hope you get some matches it can happen that you get nothing.

I did a Y-DNA 111 test and got zero matches at all levels, at the time I must have been the only one from my lineage that had done any testing.
        Have since got 2 matches as distant cousin and family member have now taken the Y-DNA test also.
        A couple of years later - still yet to get any further Y-DNA matches at any level.
        The right people have to take the test to get into the system to match you.

Unfortunately for various reasons people refuse to take the test even if you offer to pay for it, I guess you have to respect that it is their DNA info and not yours.

Comment

What haplogroup did you get from those prediction tools? It is possible that you have some uncommon marker values or your haplogroup is undertested.

Comment

Originally posted by vmkiili View Post
            What haplogroup did you get from those prediction tools? It is possible that you have some uncommon marker values or your haplogroup is undertested.
            according to this site; http://www.hprg.com/hapest6/files/ha...htm?order=orig ,
            98,7% J1
            1.1% J2b
            0.1% I2a or J2a

and this site, http://members.bex.net/jtcullen515/haplotest.htm
            J1-M267 =>61% I-M253 =>19% H =>5% J =>4% J2-M102 =>4% I-P37.2 =>4% R2-M124-Cluster-B =>2%

and some other sites also gave me J1 mostly. My paternal side is from Bulgaria. I don't know how did I end up getting haplogroup J1 which I found out predominantly from semitic people. Anyway, I will think about that after getting the backbone test results since this predictions are just predictions and might fail.

Comment

This page claims that 3% of Bulgarian men are haplogroup J1:
              https://www.eupedia.com/europe/europ...logroups.shtml

Comment

You could join J1 project and see if you get any matches. 12 marker matches with genetic distance 1 are only shown if you are in the same project.
                https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/j-m267/about

Comment

You could join J1 project and see if you get any matches. 12 marker matches with genetic distance 1 are only shown if you are in the same project.
                  https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/j-m267/about
                  there's still a chance that my haplogroup might be I-M253 or I-M418, I am waiting the backbone test results. Also I don't know if I can join a haplogroup project without a predicted or confirmed haplogroup. I looked up the str results of J1 project members, none of them matches with mine.
                  Last edited by Revolver; 18 August 2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolver View Post

there's still a chance that my haplogroup might be I-M253 or I-M418, I am waiting the backbone test results. Also I don't know if I can join a haplogroup project without a predicted or confirmed haplogroup. I looked up the str results of J1 project members, none of them matches with mine.
                    Well, there already seems to be several non-J kits in the project... Page 18.
                    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ame=ycolorized

If you haven't tried Nevgen yet, I recommend that you try it too. I believe it is currently the most popular haplogroup predictor tool, and it is getting better all the time.
                    https://www.nevgen.org/

By the way, what do you intend to do after you get your main haplogroup confirmed? J-M267 is maybe 20 000 years old haplogroup, I-M253 is over 6000 years old, so neither of them tells you very much without further testing.

Comment

Well, there already seems to be several non-J kits in the project... Page 18.
                      https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ame=ycolorized

If you haven't tried Nevgen yet, I recommend that you try it too. I believe it is currently the most popular haplogroup predictor tool, and it is getting better all the time.
                      https://www.nevgen.org/

By the way, what do you intend to do after you get your main haplogroup confirmed? J-M267 is maybe 20 000 years old haplogroup, I-M253 is over 6000 years old, so neither of them tells you very much without further testing.
                      Thanks, I will consider joining the J1 project. I am new to this project thing

Nevgen calculator gave me 76.1% "unsupported subclade". So I am even more curious now, maybe my haplogroup is something else other than J1.

Actually, I won't stop there, I will try to find out my sub-clade later.

btw I am still waiting with no indication from FTDNA that they are processing my sample. In order history section, there is no backbone test. Is this normal?

Comment

Revolver, if you have not already submitted a request to Customer Support, you should, to ask if they are actually doing the backbone test. If you have a support ticket already, you can use that to reply and ask about it.

I have no experience with backbone testing, so can't answer as to if a backbone test would show up in your Order History. Maybe another forum member can answer that question.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
                          Revolver, if you have not already submitted a request to Customer Support, you should, to ask if they are actually doing the backbone test. If you have a support ticket already, you can use that to reply and ask about it.

I have no experience with backbone testing, so can't answer as to if a backbone test would show up in your Order History. Maybe another forum member can answer that question.
                          Thank you for your reply. I've just contacted and they told me that my test is ordered and processing will start next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolver View Post

Thanks, I will consider joining the J1 project. I am new to this project thing

Nevgen calculator gave me 76.1% "unsupported subclade". So I am even more curious now, maybe my haplogroup is something else other than J1.

Actually, I won't stop there, I will try to find out my sub-clade later.
                            It is possible that you belong to a very old branch of J1, since it is 20 000 years old haplogroup. Your markers may have mutated so much that they don't look very much like known J1 markers. On the other hand, it is possible that you belong to a known subclade, but one or more of your first 12 markers have mutated in a funny way which prevents you from matching anyone.

If you intend to upgrade, I recommend Big Y. More markers probably won't give you any matches (especially if J1 haplogroup gets confirmed and you don't match anyone in J1 project). Big Y could possibly create a new subclade for you and your haplogroup will update automatically when closer relatives are tested.

Comment

my results came and it's now confirmed J-1

Comment

Working...
                              X