Close match at 25 & 37, but not at 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close match at 25 & 37, but not at 12

I have a Y-DNA match at genetic distance 2 on Y-DNA37 and 1 on Y-DNA25 but the individual does not appear at all at Y-DNA12. Can someone help me understand why this might be so?

This is strange. At GD 1 at 25 it should show in YDNA 12 since a GD of 1 is allowed there.....

Comment

You have other matches showing at Y-12? Because if not, check your account settings > notifications preferences so Y-12 is activated. Another thought is that only exact matches (0 genetic difference) are shown at the Y-12 level, unless you are in a project. Then you can have a genetic distance of 1. I can't find where that is explained in the FTDNA Learning Center right now, but I believe it is still that way.

The FTDNA Learning Center has a page with the question "If somebody doesn’t match me at 12 markers, how can they match me at a higher testing level?" That page explains why you could have a match who does not appear at Y-12, but can appear at a higher level.

Comment

GD 1 matches at Y-12 are only shown if you are in the same project, nothing strange here.

Comment

Originally posted by vmkiili View Post
          GD 1 matches at Y-12 are only shown if you are in the same project, nothing strange here.
          Ah, that's why they suddenly showed up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            Another thought is that only exact matches (0 genetic difference) are shown at the Y-12 level, unless you are in a project. Then you can have a genetic distance of 1. I can't find where that is explained in the FTDNA Learning Center right now, but I believe it is still that way.
            Yes, I said the same thing in my post.

Comment

Working...
            X