Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

111 Markers "TIP"!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    [QUOTE=htb;n329111]No, this is another cousin, I think he's hooked up to JAMES MOORE GOVERNOR of "CAROLINA". JAMES had 6 sons, and 4 came to NC, and I think 2 came closer to where my family was living in HERTFORD//BERTIE Co., NC. The "TIP" at the TOP, that I first started with, is from this family, I believe that I am 12 to 16 Generations away from them. I did find out today (and I will search again) that the cousin that did 67 markers and is in my 37 and not 67, SHOULD be in my 67 (the cousin above this). He is "4" markers off in my 37, but only "5" off on 67, but yet not in my 67. [/QUOTE

    I actually have three 60/67 ydna matches, so they usually allow for up to 7 str mismatches in 67 marker matches. Sometimes they will count a str mismatch as 2 steps rather than 1 step; which happens sometimes, so that may be happening in your case?

    Best regards, Doug

    Comment


    • #17
      I went back and recounted my Markers on HIS 67 Markers. I remembered That I have this MARKER after the 37 one and before the 68 one, that EVERY SINGLE MOORE is "16" and I am "13", and I KNEW that I miss counted it. I went back to A12141, and counted again found my 16/13 and found one more and he had "9" marker different in 67 MARKERS. NOW REMEMBER, He is FGC925-A12144-A12141, and I am FGC925-A12144-BY106458. AT 111 he could be farther away then my "2" cousins that are FGC925-FGC920-FGC911 at "10" markers differents. When I do my 4/5 cousin, I HOPE he is also "13" on this marker, IF he's "16", then I will have to test my Dad or my Brother, to see if they have "13" at this Marker. IT'S A MIND BLOWER MAN, A MIND BLOWER!!!
      Adcock/Moore

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by htb View Post
        I went back and recounted my Markers on HIS 67 Markers. I remembered That I have this MARKER after the 37 one and before the 68 one, that EVERY SINGLE MOORE is "16" and I am "13", and I KNEW that I miss counted it. I went back to A12141, and counted again found my 16/13 and found one more and he had "9" marker different in 67 MARKERS. NOW REMEMBER, He is FGC925-A12144-A12141, and I am FGC925-A12144-BY106458. AT 111 he could be farther away then my "2" cousins that are FGC925-FGC920-FGC911 at "10" markers differents. When I do my 4/5 cousin, I HOPE he is also "13" on this marker, IF he's "16", then I will have to test my Dad or my Brother, to see if they have "13" at this Marker. IT'S A MIND BLOWER MAN, A MIND BLOWER!!!
        Adcock/Moore
        It can be a mind blower. I copied & pasted this below regarding the difference between str's & snps:

        STRs and SNPs

        There are two primary differences between STRs and SNPS relative to genealogy.

        "The first difference is that STR mutations are what I call stutter or repeat mutations. Think of a copy machine that got stuck. Let’s say your DNA at a location, meaning at a specific marker, looks like this: “TAGA.” However, when the copying of that DNA for the next generation was done, 20 or 30 or 40 generations ago, long ago in a faraway place, the copy mechanism got stuck and now you have 5 “TAGA”s in a row, so “TAGATAGATAGATAGATAGA.” Now you have a value of 5 instead of a value of 1 in that marker location.

        SNP mutations, on the other hand, occur at one location and are defined by one of the nucleotides, T, A, C or G that live in that location getting swapped for a different nucleotide. So, now, at that particular address, T becomes C. That’s a single nucleotide polymorphism and those changes are how haplogroups and their branches are formed. If you are interested, you can read more about haplogroups and how they are born here."

        That is why you will be able to identify your paternal timeline much more accurately with snp testing. You are on the right track with what you are doing; but do not get too excited with those occasional 2 step or even 3 step str mutations.

        Best regards, Doug


        Comment


        • #19
          I'm ONLY going by what I read and Study. I "KNOW" A LOT OF THIS IS "GUESS WORK"! (on the facts). "BUT", I am a ""FACTS"" person; "Just The Facts Man, Just The Facts". I HAVE TO HAVE ALL MY FACTS TO KNOW WHERE I STAND, if-in I don't, I'm a lost puppy! You-know, I don't want a "MAYBE", I want whats truly there. FACTS. I'm a "FACTS fungating Guy!!! OH WELL I just keep studying. THANKS for "ALL" and I do mean "ALL" your help DOUG!!!! :>}

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by htb View Post
            I'm ONLY going by what I read and Study. I "KNOW" A LOT OF THIS IS "GUESS WORK"! (on the facts). "BUT", I am a ""FACTS"" person; "Just The Facts Man, Just The Facts". I HAVE TO HAVE ALL MY FACTS TO KNOW WHERE I STAND, if-in I don't, I'm a lost puppy! You-know, I don't want a "MAYBE", I want whats truly there. FACTS. I'm a "FACTS fungating Guy!!! OH WELL I just keep studying. THANKS for "ALL" and I do mean "ALL" your help DOUG!!!! :>}
            I get that. Glad I am being of some help to you. I have learned a lot over the past 11 years, so just passing on what I have experienced. You are making headway.

            Best regards, Doug

            Comment


            • #21
              THANKS DOUG, for ""YOUR EXPERIENCES""!!! PLEASE- - I NOT JUMPING ON YOU or anyone else, BUT when "THEY" put something like the "TIP" up; "PLEASE" be a little MORE basic!!!! HELP the learned AND the unlearned UNDERSTAND "EXACTLY" WHAT IT SAYS, "PLEASE" NO GUESS WORK, say something like: "TO THE "BEST" OF OUR ABILITIES; "WE THINK" YOU AND XYZ WERE BROTHERS AT 12 to 16 GENERATIONS"!!! When you got 95.89%, 99.02%, 99.25%, "I THINK" it's MORE confusing then helpful.

              HTB :>}

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by htb View Post
                THANKS DOUG, for ""YOUR EXPERIENCES""!!! PLEASE- - I NOT JUMPING ON YOU or anyone else, BUT when "THEY" put something like the "TIP" up; "PLEASE" be a little MORE basic!!!! HELP the learned AND the unlearned UNDERSTAND "EXACTLY" WHAT IT SAYS, "PLEASE" NO GUESS WORK, say something like: "TO THE "BEST" OF OUR ABILITIES; "WE THINK" YOU AND XYZ WERE BROTHERS AT 12 to 16 GENERATIONS"!!! When you got 95.89%, 99.02%, 99.25%, "I THINK" it's MORE confusing then helpful.

                HTB :>}
                The "tip" is only a guide, it has been somewhat helpful in my experience, but it is only a guide. There are many variables that come into play especially in regard to strs; for example two brothers could have different results on the same str; maybe that is the case with your allele "16" and "13" on the same str; maybe what you will discover down the road is that one brother got the "16" allele and another brother got "13" allele, but if that is the case, then you can identify those two separate paternal lines that branched from the same father. However, the snps are much better at identifying your paternal line.

                Best regards, Doug

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by htb View Post
                  THANKS DOUG, for ""YOUR EXPERIENCES""!!! PLEASE- - I NOT JUMPING ON YOU or anyone else, BUT when "THEY" put something like the "TIP" up; "PLEASE" be a little MORE basic!!!! HELP the learned AND the unlearned UNDERSTAND "EXACTLY" WHAT IT SAYS, "PLEASE" NO GUESS WORK, say something like: "TO THE "BEST" OF OUR ABILITIES; "WE THINK" YOU AND XYZ WERE BROTHERS AT 12 to 16 GENERATIONS"!!! When you got 95.89%, 99.02%, 99.25%, "I THINK" it's MORE confusing then helpful.

                  HTB :>}
                  In my "new snp" thread you probably read through my success there. My paternal 8th cousin & 4th cousin both tested positive for BY17958, FT53643, FT53647, but they all tested negative for FT54076, but my 3rd cousin 1x removed(John) tested positive for FT54076. This is where my genealogy comes into play; my common ancestor with my 4th cousin(Joseph) was our 3rd great-grandfather; and my paternal line continued with his son Andrew and Joseph's paternal line continued with son Thomas. My 3rd cousin 1x removed(John) also had the same paternal ancestor, Andrew as me and he also tested positive for FT54076, so we actually know that Andrew started that mutation FT54076. My paternal line continued with Andrew's son, George and John's paternal line continued with his son Henry. My great nephew, Edward; whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father also tested positive for FT54076 and also positive for a few more snps that I also have. This is just one example of what I have been able to identify with snps.

                  Best regards, Doug



                  Comment


                  • #24
                    OK, on Marker "DYS534", I am 13 while ALL my cousins are 16! SO Let's HOPE my 4/5th Cousin can shade some light on this. As Far as our SNPs; we're waiting for some more new MOORE DNA to come along. We've been trying to contact all the ones who have done their 12 & 25 Marker test, 37 & even 67 Marker test, to go BIG-Y-700. IT LOOKS LIKE there might be a BIG-Y-10,000 (or whatever they want to call it), there are "4" SNP's that are on OUR HAPLOTREE, that are PRESUMED POSITIVE, and are BEFORE our FGC925; THEY ARE NOT IN OUR SNPs, or at least not in mine.
                    HTB

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by htb View Post
                      OK, on Marker "DYS534", I am 13 while ALL my cousins are 16! SO Let's HOPE my 4/5th Cousin can shade some light on this. As Far as our SNPs; we're waiting for some more new MOORE DNA to come along. We've been trying to contact all the ones who have done their 12 & 25 Marker test, 37 & even 67 Marker test, to go BIG-Y-700. IT LOOKS LIKE there might be a BIG-Y-10,000 (or whatever they want to call it), there are "4" SNP's that are on OUR HAPLOTREE, that are PRESUMED POSITIVE, and are BEFORE our FGC925; THEY ARE NOT IN OUR SNPs, or at least not in mine.
                      HTB
                      Your making progress; just remember it can take time; its like a puzzle; and you will see how the puzzle pieces fit together as you confirm your paternal line & other branches.

                      Best regards, Doug

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X