111 Markers "TIP"!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 111 Markers "TIP"!!!

Ok, I have 111 Markers, on a guy, I'll call him ABC; he is 6 markers different; on the "TIP", is 95.34%, good enough to be 7th/8th cousin; or would you look at 99.??%. I'm not sure if he 12 to 16 Generations away or further???

Here I went back and the the matches
    4 25.14%
    8 76.42%
    12 95.72%
    16 99.43%
    20 99.94%
    24 99.99%
    HTB

Comment

Originally posted by htb View Post
      Ok, I have 111 Markers, on a guy, I'll call him ABC; he is 6 markers different; on the "TIP", is 95.34%, good enough to be 7th/8th cousin; or would you look at 99.??%. I'm not sure if he 12 to 16 Generations away or further???
      It is difficult to confirm exactly who the common ancestor is without a confirmed paternal line ancestry. In my case, I am fortunate; because my confirmed 8th cousin worked in his spare time for forty years to confirm 30 generations of his paternal line; we share the same 7th great-grandfather, who lived 1672-1714; migrated from Berkshire, England thru Philadelphia Port and settled in Bucks Co. PA.

In order to demonstrate how the 111 markers can only tell you so much; my confirmed 13th cousin, who shares the same 12th great-grandfather with me, matches me 108/111, but my great-nephew, whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father, matches me 109/111. In contrast, all three of us did the Big Y700 testing, and when we compare snps, then you see the true matching; as my 13th cousin only matches snps up to a certain point, and my 8th cousin matches more of my snps then my 13th cousin, and my confirmed 4th cousin matches more snps than my 8th cousin, and my 3rd cousin 1x removed matches one more snp than my 4th cousin, and my great nephew matches all my named snps, and I have one unnamed snp variant. The key is to have an accurate genealogy, so you can actually identify an ancestor with specific snps.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher
      Kit#122883

Comment

I was BORN an ADCOCK, in 2011 a DNA test was taken at another site and I became a MOORE, I came to FTDNA, took the test and I am a MOORE. I found my MOORE family and redid my family tree; BUT have some questions. - THEN, this MOORE came into my 111 markers, "6" markers off. The Cart above may be an old Cart, but it's all I have. So, I can fit me into his Genealogy (right or wrong) BUT I am trying to understand my CART; if I'm 12-Gen away; 16-Gen away, or more!!!
        HTB #290905

Comment

I was BORN an ADCOCK, in 2011 a DNA test was taken at another site and I became a MOORE, I came to FTDNA, took the test and I am a MOORE. I found my MOORE family and redid my family tree; BUT have some questions. - THEN, this MOORE came into my 111 markers, "6" markers off. The Cart above may be an old Cart, but it's all I have. So, I can fit me into his Genealogy (right or wrong) BUT I am trying to understand my CART; if I'm 12-Gen away; 16-Gen away, or more!!!
          HTB #290905
          My confirmed 13th cousin, matches me 108/111, but it is hard to confirm common paternal ancestors just by ydna testing. This person that matches you 105/111, have they done Big Y 700 testing? If you both do the Big Y 700 testing that might be helpful; but if you have a closer paternal relative like a 1st cousin or nephew then if you both do the Big Y 700 test that would be more helpful. My great-nephew; whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father did the Big Y 700 test with me and we confirmed our snps all the way down our paternal line.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

No, this Gentlemen has done a "111 marker" test and is still at M269 (which doesn't make cents). I have a 4/5th Cousin, who just did a 37-maker test; I'm going to save my money and wait for the Dec., sale and do a BIG Y-700 on him. - - WHERE did you get the 105/111 from???

Thanks TIMOTHY

Comment

No, this Gentlemen has done a "111 marker" test and is still at M269 (which doesn't make cents). I have a 4/5th Cousin, who just did a 37-maker test; I'm going to save my money and wait for the Dec., sale and do a BIG Y-700 on him. - - WHERE did you get the 105/111 from???

Thanks TIMOTHY
              I got the 105/111 from what you said, "THEN, this MOORE came into my 111 markers, "6" markers off. " The ydna marker tests will not tell you your terminal snp; only the Big Y 700 will do that.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

GOT YA, boy that was easy (ha-ha :>} )
                THANKS!!!

Comment

GOT YA, boy that was easy (ha-ha :>} )
                  THANKS!!!
                  Good idea to have your 4th/5th cousin do the Big Y 700 or if possible someone closer like 1st cousin or even great nephew.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Well I was born a ADCOCK (1959) in 2011 DNA test found out I AM A "MOORE". My 4/5th cousin is about the ONLY one I KNOW, except for CHARLES MOORE, Administrator for R-U106, he is 10 Markers or 101/111 (did I get that right???) ???
                    HTB

Comment

Well I was born a ADCOCK (1959) in 2011 DNA test found out I AM A "MOORE". My 4/5th cousin is about the ONLY one I KNOW, except for CHARLES MOORE, Administrator for R-U106, he is 10 Markers or 101/111 (did I get that right???) ???
                      HTB
                      Interesting, well then your 4/5th cousin is your best choice then. My paternal 4th cousin & paternal 3rd cousin 1x removed both did snp testing, and we were able to identify matching & non matching snps, and I was able to confirm a specific snp that mutated with my paternal 2nd great-grandfather.

Anyways, you will match snps up to a certain point, but your 4/5th cousin will not match some of your snps, but I hope you can connect with closer paternal relations.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

OK, I went back into my 111-markers and did a comparisons with my 6 markers and 7 markers differents. - - my 7th is a different NAME (NOT MOORE).

.......Moore.........JoeJoe
                        ...4G..25.14......25.08...
                        ...8G..76.42......76.35...
                        ..12G..95.76.....95.69...
                        ..16G..99.43.....99.42 ***
                        ..20G..99.94.....99.94...
                        ..24G..99.99.....99.99...

So this tells me that JoeJoe is closer to me at 16 GENERATIONS, then my own flesh and blood.

HTB
                        Last edited by htb; 30 September 2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

OK, here's one for you. REMEMBER, ALL OF US IN MY 111markers, ARE FGC925!!! I have a "CLOSE COUSIN" at A12144 (same as me). I go to BY106458, HE goes to A12141. - HE has done THE BIG-Y-700, BUT only did "67 markers". HE IS "NOT" IN MY 67, he's in my 37. I asked about this and THEY said, that HE is TO MANY MARKERS AWAY TO PUT HIM IN 67, or even 111. Here's his "TIP"...... huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                          4 12.12%
                          8 47.42%
                          12 76.44%
                          16 91.21%
                          20 97.09%
                          24 99.11%

Comment

OK, here's one for you. REMEMBER, ALL OF US IN MY 111markers, ARE FGC925!!! I have a "CLOSE COUSIN" at A12144 (same as me). I go to BY106458, HE goes to A12141. - HE has done THE BIG-Y-700, BUT only did "67 markers". HE IS "NOT" IN MY 67, he's in my 37. I asked about this and THEY said, that HE is TO MANY MARKERS AWAY TO PUT HIM IN 67, or even 111. Here's his "TIP"...... huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                            4 12.12%
                            8 47.42%
                            12 76.44%
                            16 91.21%
                            20 97.09%
                            24 99.11%
                            Your making progress even though you do not see it now. Is your close cousin the 4th/5th cousin you mentioned to me? "I have a "CLOSE COUSIN" at A12144 (same as me). I go to BY106458, HE goes to A12141." If you know what common ancestor you share, you know when the split to A121141 & A12144 happened, so that gives you some actual date info for BY106458 as well as A12144 & A121141. Also you probably know date info for FGC925. I looked up FGC 925 on the 2020 ISOGG and it is downstream of Z17614, I believe.

As you confirm more men in your paternal line; either more distant or closer; you will be able to confirm a better timeline for your snps. I started the ydna testing back in 2009, and so it can take awhile, so hang in there, but you are making progress.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

No, this is another cousin, I think he's hooked up to JAMES MOORE GOVERNOR of "CAROLINA". JAMES had 6 sons, and 4 came to NC, and I think 2 came closer to where my family was living in HERTFORD//BERTIE Co., NC. The "TIP" at the TOP, that I first started with, is from this family, I believe that I am 12 to 16 Generations away from them. I did find out today (and I will search again) that the cousin that did 67 markers and is in my 37 and not 67, SHOULD be in my 67 (the cousin above this). He is "4" markers off in my 37, but only "5" off on 67, but yet not in my 67.

Comment

Working...
                              X