Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dys449 is only marker that I do not match my 3rd cousin 1x removed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My great nephew, Edward's Big Y 700 results will be ready in May & my upgrade will be ready in June. My birth father was Edward's paternal great-grandfather, so our common ancestor was 3 generations back from Edward. Our common ancestor lived 1902-1978. I am thinking that Edward & myself will have the same terminal snp or at the most Edward might have one snp that I do not have?

Comment

Good news, my 108/111 match has upgraded his Big Y, so that is good. At present his termimal snp is R-S7019, and my terminal snp is R-BY17958, in which David tested negative for. We know the timeframe of R-S7019 was 1492 or before, and the timeframe of R-BY17958 was 1538-1672. Believe it or not, David & myself share the same 12th great-grandfather, so we are 13th cousins.

Comment

Interesting, my great nephew(Edward) is now shown as having the same terminal snp as me; that being BY17958, but they are still testing his Big Y700, due in mid May. Also they are showing 1 mismatch out of 427 str markers, but we are a 109/111 match? Anyways, when the results are fully complete I will probably know more.

Comment

My Great nephew Edward's Big Y 700 results came in, and right now we have the same terminal snp BY17958; however he has 12 unnamed snp variants. I checked my 1 unnamed variant from my Big Y 500 results, and it does not match any of the 12 variants that Edward has, so most likely my variant mutated at my birth. Edward's paternal grandfather was my half brother. My Big Y 700 upgrade results will most likely come in late May; and most likely I will match at least half of Edward's unnamed variants. Hard to predict, but we should have a few new snps when all is complete.

Comment

My Big Y block tree has been upgraded, and they are predicting 6 variants downstream of BY17958. We know that BY17958 mutated between 1538-1672; because we have confirmed this by Big Y testing & genealogy. My common ancestor with Edward-great nephew; was my birth father born 1902, so it is possible that there are 6 snps downstream of BY17958. There are 364 years between 1538 & 1902, and if you divide 7 into that you get 50.2, so an average of 50.2 years per snp mutation. Of course 6 variants is only an estimate, so it might turn out there are 4?

Comment

In regard to my previous post, I am missing part of the picture. My great-nephew Edward was born in the 1980s, his birth father born in the 1960s, his grandfather was born 1938 and his great-grandfather was born 1902. My birth father was Edward's paternal great-grandfather. So in regard to the estimated 6 variants downstream of BY17958, five probably mutated in the timeframe up to 1902, and one probably mutated between 1938-1980s(Edward's birth). We will know better once my Big Y 700 results come in.

Comment

My Big Y 700 results came in on 7/11/2019, Batch 952. No surprise, my closest match is my great nephew(Edward), although I am surprised that I have fewer matches now? I only three matches now including my great nephew. The tree has changed somewhat, now there are 11 private variants downstream of BY17958. Edward mismatches me on only three variants and we have one known shared variant. My terminal snp is still showing as BY17958, although that is definitely not my terminal snp?

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
                  My Big Y 700 results came in on 7/11/2019, Batch 952. No surprise, my closest match is my great nephew(Edward), although I am surprised that I have fewer matches now? I only three matches now including my great nephew. The tree has changed somewhat, now there are 11 private variants downstream of BY17958. Edward mismatches me on only three variants and we have one known shared variant. My terminal snp is still showing as BY17958, although that is definitely not my terminal snp?
                  In about two weeks, my second closest 111 marker & Big Y match is expecting his Big Y 700 results, so I believe this will change the tree again. and most likely I will gain a new terminal snp?

Comment

Working...
                  X