Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dys449 is only marker that I do not match my 3rd cousin 1x removed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dys449 is only marker that I do not match my 3rd cousin 1x removed.

My 3rd cousin 1x removed did 67 marker ydna testing and he matches 66 of my markers perfectly, but he has a value of 26 at dys449 & I have a 29. This is being listed as a 64/67 ydna match? My paternal 2nd great-grandfather was his paternal 3rd great-grandfather. We match 7 dna segments, longest segment 19cMs with total of 45cMs autosomal dna which is in the range of 3rd cousins 1x removed. I know that dys 449 is one of the fastest mutating markers, so most likely the mutation from 29 to 26 occurred during the 4 generations between our common ancestor and my cousin's birth, timeframe 1846-1955. I guess this mutation difference on dys449 could be considered a fingerprint for my cousin's paternal line branch?

Best regards, Doug

It also could be a fingerprint for your branch. One branch went "up" 1 or 2 notches, while the other one went "down" 1 or 2 notches until you hit the +/-3 difference between each other.You won't know the answer to that until/unless other branches of the tree are found and likewise test. (or somebody spends a not-so-small fortune on forensic DNA collection)

Comment

You could be correct about that. My great nephew has also tested 67 markers and his results should be available in about a month. My paternal birth father was his paternal great-grandfather. So, he should match the same 66 markers with me as my 3rd cousin 1x removed does, and also he might match me at 29 at dys449? My great nephew matches me 778cMs. He is actually my great nephew on my paternal side, but 1st cousin 1x removed on my maternal side. The story about my birth parents is sad & complicated.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Another significant variable in comparison of myself & my paternal 3rd cousin 1x removed; is that he has a value of "24" at dys413(b); and I was the only man out of 10 men in the W013 "Wells" subgroup (who did 67 or more markers of testing); that had a "24", eight others have a "23" and one has a "25." So, I think the fact that we both have this same value at dys413(b) is significant. In regard to the dys449 marker, everyone in the W013 "Wells" subgroup has a 29 at dys449 except my 3rd cousin 1x removed, who has a 26. In about a month my great nephew's 67 marker results will be in, and we will see what value he has at dys449; but I suspect he will have a 29.

Comment

Working...
        X