Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my brother have the same father as me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I've read both and neither confirm with 100% certainty although CeCe's project has never been updated publicly that I can see. I just don't see how it could be 100% confirmed although circumstantial evidence strongly points to him. I'm not interested in this specific case mind you just the theory of how one would go about differentiating between a line that comes from one of two full brothers from hundreds of years ago using autosomal DNA and disregarding historical evidence and just fully relying on DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by mattn View Post

Yes I've read both and neither confirm with 100% certainty although CeCe's project has never been updated publicly that I can see. I just don't see how it could be 100% confirmed although circumstantial evidence strongly points to him. I'm not interested in this specific case mind you just the theory of how one would go about differentiating between a line that comes from one of two full brothers from hundreds of years ago using autosomal DNA and disregarding historical evidence and just fully relying on DNA.
      Yeah, I think you are right. Not being able to see the details of the matches is a bit frustrating. However I do believe the autosomal results are likely to favor the correct brother. Other evidence, such as the secret bedroom for Sally Hemmings, is supporting Thomas Jefferson as the father. Wasn't Sally the half-sister of Thomas' wife?

Comment

A blog about Transfers vs testing Directly with FTDNA, it also hints at a discounted price for those who wish to upgrade transfer (having FTDNA test new sample) and have paid unlock fee.
        One would have to contact FTDNA to inquire as I do not see a way to upgrade transfer to FamilyFinder in upgrade link on my transfer kits.

http://www.genie1.com.au/blog/82-upg...inder-transfer

Comment

Working...
        X