Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great strides in determining paternal link, but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great strides in determining paternal link, but..

So far I have made great strides in determining my paternal lineage. I was so lucky to have found a relative who is willing to cooperate and act as a family guide within the family.

My suspect father had a sister, who is the grandmother of my family guide. He had wife and a daughter who I can not find any information about and my family guide has lost track of them.

I may have the following options: My question to the forum is based on option B.

A. If she can track down his daughter an autosomal test should identify her as a half sister. This would be as confirming as anything.

B. There are two living males who are sons of my suspected fathers sister. My fathers nephews.

Will a Y-67 test yield confirming results of my father ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by BobSgt View Post
    B. There are two living males who are sons of my suspected fathers sister. My fathers nephews.

Will a Y-67 test yield confirming results of my father ?
    No, because the sons of your suspected father's sister will have the YDNA of their father, not your suspected father.

Comment

BobSgt ... just in case you'd like an answer to the question you didn't ask

Autosomal testing of the two living males will show whether they are your father's nephews (your cousins).

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your help. Your responses saved me some money

Comment

Working...
        X