Ysearch is crap!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ysearch is crap!

Your search pass has expired. Please respond to the challenge below.

Please enter the words you see in the box, in order and separated by a space. Doing so helps prevent automated programs from abusing this service.
    Trouble is there are no words in the box to enter! What I do get sometimes is a grid where you have to tick where certain things appear to verify you are not a robot. The tick duly appears only to be told the search pass has expired.

It hasn't been "supported" any more for years. It did run on automatic for a few years. It doesn't seem to work at all any more.

Comment

Ysearch is crap!

YES!!! Ysearch is crap! FTDNA knows Ysearch is crap!

FTDNA still has a Ysearch button at the bottom of our Y-DNA match page.

I wish I had a penny for each time someone has posted a message to here saying Ysearch doesn't.

Why not open a request asking that a) they fix it or b) remove the button telling customer to use their product that they know doesn't work. You might also ask them why they don't find it embarrassing to send their customers to a product that doesn't work. I have and you can see how much good it has done, but if several hundred people did it, it might work!

Comment

Used it last week with no problem at all. Went back today and it would not work. It had the "I am not a robot" box to check but then would not bring up letters to input.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
          Used it last week with no problem at all. Went back today and it would not work. It had the "I am not a robot" box to check but then would not bring up letters to input.
          Maybe you really are a robot!

Comment

Originally posted by TwiddlingThumbs View Post
            Maybe you really are a robot!
            You funny.

Is it working for you?

Comment

YSearch is gone

thank goodness it has gone by the wayside. Is it due to the new GDPR? Who knows but the button disappeared sometime last week from the matches list.

Comment

Possibly, but I think it's more to do with the fact that You/mito Search are rundown and not maintained.

Comment

Working...
                X