X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwigirl
    replied
    illegitimate child finding father

Thanks. I have requested to join the DNA detectives. I will have to check as to what type of test my MIL did.

Leave a comment:

• rmm0484
    replied
    Originally posted by kiwigirl View Post
    Hi, This is my first post on here. I am currently researching my husbands family tree and have been very successful at finding relatives and filling in gaps and puzzles so far. However, my Mother in Law does not know who her grandfather was. Her mother was illegitimate and there is no record of the father. So my SIL suggested my MIL do a DNA test. She has done this and I have registered it with FTDNA and Gedmatch. This has produced many matches but I have no idea how to start sifting through them to try and find her grandfather. This DNA thing is all gobbledy gook to me and I just don't know where to start. Can someone tell me what to look for to find this man ?
    Try to look at the matches together and see if the family trees make any sense, or if there are surnames in common...hopefully, she took the autosomal test...

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    If you have not already, I would suggest joining the DNA Detectives Facebook Group

Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DNADetectives/

Leave a comment:

• kiwigirl
    started a topic illegitimate child finding father

illegitimate child finding father

Hi, This is my first post on here. I am currently researching my husbands family tree and have been very successful at finding relatives and filling in gaps and puzzles so far. However, my Mother in Law does not know who her grandfather was. Her mother was illegitimate and there is no record of the father. So my SIL suggested my MIL do a DNA test. She has done this and I have registered it with FTDNA and Gedmatch. This has produced many matches but I have no idea how to start sifting through them to try and find her grandfather. This DNA thing is all gobbledy gook to me and I just don't know where to start. Can someone tell me what to look for to find this man ?
Working...
X