Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYS 607 =13 for R1b

Hello,

This value is 13 in my results.I've read in this old thread that it's rare for R1b and after reviewing many R1b results i can see it's very uncommon indeed.There written it can be recent mutation in family.What is meant by recent?Does it mean i have zero chance to get 37 and above marker matches?
    Thanks.

Since 2008 many (MANY) more people had tested.

Are you predicted to be just R-M343?

In my opinion:
    • you should seriously consider the Big Y test;
    • if that STR value is rare in R1b, that means the close matches could be closer than usual (barring some odd convergence);
    • if you did not have Y-DNA67 or Y-DNA111, then upgrade; my 4th cousin is at GD=2 to me, son of my 5th cousin is at GD=3 to me, so you may still find close family without GD=0 (in both cases documents, and Family Finder and matches with other family members show the relationships to be like I stated).

Good luck - Mr. W.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
      Since 2008 many (MANY) more people had tested.

Are you predicted to be just R-M343?

In my opinion:
      • you should seriously consider the Big Y test;
      • if that STR value is rare in R1b, that means the close matches could be closer than usual (barring some odd convergence);
      • if you did not have Y-DNA67 or Y-DNA111, then upgrade; my 4th cousin is at GD=2 to me, son of my 5th cousin is at GD=3 to me, so you may still find close family without GD=0 (in both cases documents, and Family Finder and matches with other family members show the relationships to be like I stated).

Good luck - Mr. W.
      Thanks for explanation.
      I'm predicted to be R-M269.
      I didn't consider GD actually,even non-zero distance can be useful considering there are less tested people from my region.

Comment

Working...
      X