Multiple fathers - theoretical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple fathers - theoretical question

I have heard, that in extreme cases, two twins may have different fathers (for example when conceived during an orgy)

Is it possible that one person with XYY trisomy has two fathers? Has there been at least one such case in the history of genetics?

Search for "superfecundation."
    The not-always-reliable WikiPedia article refers to several reports of this, some in popular media, some in specialized journals. Expect to see In Vitro mentioned. Orgies, not so much.
    Last edited by clintonslayton76; 16 February 2018, 03:36 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Wondering how would FTDNA react... would they tell me to pay for another Y test, test both for one price, refuse to test, or...?

Comment

Originally posted by jötunn View Post
        I have heard, that in extreme cases, two twins may have different fathers (for example when conceived during an orgy)

Is it possible that one person with XYY trisomy has two fathers? Has there been at least one such case in the history of genetics?
        One person can't have two biological fathers, you are referring to non identical twins. The twins are genetically sibling or half-siblings (unlikely but not impossible).

Comment

Working...
        X