Y37 matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y37 matches

Sometime back I did the Y67 test, then upgraded that to Y111. Most of my matches are at Y37 or less (not a surprise). But I have matches at Y37 with a distance of 1, that don't have any links. By that mean the names aren't hot linked and none of the other selectable "hints" are available. All the matches are the same surname (Ricketts) which not my name. Why do these not have any sort of connections?

Originally posted by azxracer View Post
    Sometime back I did the Y67 test, then upgraded that to Y111. Most of my matches are at Y37 or less (not a surprise). But I have matches at Y37 with a distance of 1, that don't have any links. By that mean the names aren't hot linked and none of the other selectable "hints" are available. All the matches are the same surname (Ricketts) which not my name. Why do these not have any sort of connections?
    Likely due to the profile managers of those specific kits. Have you thought about joining the Ricketts surname DNA project (if there is one)? Perhaps the admins could help you make connections with these matches?

Comment

There are settings in the kit profiles that make it so the kit manager does not receive notifications on certain levels (Y12, Y25, Y37, etc). If they choose not to receive them for those levels, they also can't see matches at that level. This makes them appear the way you describe as a name with no clickable link. It kinds the first name and only shows the surname. It is possible that kit's manager selected the option without realizing the side effect. They could always enable it back if they wanted.

Comment

Working...
      X