How to investigate a female's paternal line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to investigate a female's paternal line

I am trying to get DNA kits for both myself & my wife. I was getting a package of Autosomal, mtDNA, & y-DNA kits for each of us. My wife can get her twin brother to submit a sample for the y-DNA kit. Would she send the kit under her profile so that all her information is together or does he have to submit the sample & then give her results? Can a y-DNA kit be submitted under a female's profile? Thanks for any answers.

DNA tests and accounts are gender specific.

Each person has there own account/login, one can not submit two different peoples samples under one account.

If you ordered a kit for wife which included yDNA, this kit will be register as a male kit.
    When ordering wifes kit you would select that it is for a female.

you would have to order the yDNA for brother in law separately
    Last edited by prairielad; 18th June 2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

that would be interesting.... from my Y from my father's Y, from his mother's X from her father's Y.
      Last edited by JerryS.; 18th June 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryS. View Post
        that would be interesting.... from my Y from my father's Y, from his mother's X from her father's Y.

yes...this will be interesting. But "from his mother's x from her father's y" isn't exactly the way it is going to happen.

The mother's x is totally separate from her father's Y. No direct connection.

Perhaps you meant "father's x" ?

Comment

Working...
        X