Ordering the Big Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering the Big Y

I'm the administrator for my brothers 67Ydna. I've since upgraded his 67Y to 111Y, I know now I should have purchased the BigY. My question is does my brother have to summit another sample of his DNA for me to purchase his BigY?

No, FTDNA can use the existing kit.

I just ordered the BigY last month (results soon) and they used my kit from 2005. It has been used for mtDNA, Y-STR, Family Finder, SNP Pack and Big Y.

Are you sure you need the Big Y? Its a fairly advanced test. Although I am looking forward to upcoming results.

Comment

We hope that an upcoming Father's Day sale will discount the price of the Big Y. We shall see.

Comment

Do I need the Big Y

Originally posted by mabrams View Post
        No, FTDNA can use the existing kit.

I just ordered the BigY last month (results soon) and they used my kit from 2005. It has been used for mtDNA, Y-STR, Family Finder, SNP Pack and Big Y.

Are you sure you need the Big Y? Its a fairly advanced test. Although I am looking forward to upcoming results.
        We have not one name match, recently I introduce myself to person who I believes is a distant cousin and he has told me he will do his DNA at the Father's Day sale. This is good news for me. Also I've read even if I buy the last snp test avaiable to me it only goes to about 15 generations. I don't know if this is true or not but maybe you can shed som light on the subject matter. One last thing thanks for being there to help us through this Ydna thing.

Comment

Why I think I need the BIgY

We have not one name match at any genetic distance, recently I introduce myself to person who I believes is a distant cousin and he has told me he will do his DNA at the Father's Day sale. This is good news for me. Also I've read- even if I buy the last snp test avaiable to me it only goes to about 15 generations. I don't know if this is true or not but maybe you can shed some light on this subject matter. One last thing thanks for being there to help us through this Ydna thing.

Comment

Working...
          X