Niall of the Nine Hostages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niall of the Nine Hostages

Three of my six Y-37 matches have a Niall of the Nine Hostages badge but I do NOT. One has a genetic distance of 3 and the other two 4, one of which shares my surname. Does this mean that the matches won't hold up at 67?

Not necessarily. They very well could match you at 67 where a genetic distance of 6 is still considered a match.

Comment

RM 222, 269...

Hello,

I did a DNA test with FTDN. I do not know my father and my mother tells me he was Breton (west France), I do not know more. In my results with Getmatch, several cousins from the 4th to the 6th degrees, are RM 222, 269, R1b1a ... I inquired, and I found Niall at the 9 hostages. Can we say that these cousins are the lineage of my Breton father? The Breton population will share the same genes as the Lowlands Brittons? Thank you for enlightening me a little!
      Nathalie

Comment

Others will know more about this Nathalie, but perhaps this is a fairly common haplogroup for males with ancestry from Brittany?

Unfortunately for females autosomal matches are the most useful.

Comment

Your best source for info would be the R-M222 group: https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../activity-feed Susan Hedeen, in particular, is amazingly knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
          X