To many Y matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To many Y matches

need a little help interpreting these results. Have figured out that about 1740 there was an "event " in the family tree and trying to find out who the missing father might have been. I have 3 Y matches at distance 3 on 67 marker test and 4 more distance 4 on 67 marker test
    1 is a 65/67 and 2 are a 64/67 Stanley and Leachman show a TIP of 85.65 and Jones slightly less at 84.44
    the 67 differences are as shown in the attached chart, hopefully
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gmshadow View Post
    need a little help interpreting these results. Have figured out that about 1740 there was an "event " in the family tree and trying to find out who the missing father might have been. I have 3 Y matches at distance 3 on 67 marker test and 4 more distance 4 on 67 marker test
    1 is a 65/67 and 2 are a 64/67 Stanley and Leachman show a TIP of 85.65 and Jones slightly less at 84.44
    the 67 differences are as shown in the attached chart, hopefully
    Have you tested autosomal DNA (Family Finder)?

If so, have you looked through those matches for these other surnames, and possible same location as your paternal line was?

Comment

Yes, everyone that has a FF test is not an autosomal match. So far have only been able to put the Leachman family in the same state and area. Looking for Prince William County, Virginia. One family even in Australia (GD-5).

FF finder test was my first thought to see if could find a match. Jones has the most changes on the fast markers, but his family is in Philadelphia area and he is a GD-4 to Leachman with 3 fast moving markers , 3 to me

Have been unable to connect any of the Jones matches to each other, and they are not all good matches to each other. Does not seem to be any close Jones/Jones matches.

I do have some FF matches that have Leachman in their trees in Prince William County. I think the big puzzle is who gave what Y to who in what order

Comment

Working...
      X